Travel arrangements for a first timer

ger301

Hi guys. As the title says, I'm a first timer , not from UK, and not native speaker, so sorry in advance for my grammar mistakes.

I already booked my tickets for 3 days+bus, no camping. Problem is, I did that before even checking google maps, and got a ticket for zone 2 (bridge of allan/dunblane; bathgate/armadale/whitburn) and since I´ll be going on vacation to UK, including the festival, I´ll need some acommodation.

I will be staying either at Glasgow, Edinburgh or even Stirling (gotta decide yet, it is pretty much the same for me to go to any of those, it will depend on how am I gonna get to T).

Now the main issue: I wasn´t able to change my citylink tickets to travel directly from those cities, so I need to get to the pick up point by myself. I was thinking on staying on Stirling and going to Bridge of Allan, since they are really close to each other and it is the closest to T, also. Now, it doesnt mater for me if it is by train, bus or even walking (is it walking distance?), but problem is: there doesn't seem to be a form of transportation for the return (e.g.: Bridge of Allan > Stirling) with a good time schedule, last bus leaves at around 11pm (too early) and first in the morning is at 5:30am (WAY too late), same with trains. Any advice would be appreciated, I know I messed up, but gotta fix it some way xD

Also, if you got a beter option than staying at Stirling and going to Bridge of Allan to catch my coach, I´m all ears.

By the way, this journey is really (and I mean REALLY) expensive for me (I'm from south america), and even though money is not the real problem, I'd wouldn't like to waste my money, so any tips on that? for both the travel arrangements and in-festival spendings

Thanks

Edited by ger301

Stay in Bridge of Allan. If it's the Uni you are staying at it's basically BoA anyways. I wouldn't be letting a coach ticket influence my whole weekend though. There is probably a campsite at BoA too, it's a nice place.

Thanks for the replies guys, very usefull, they bring a couple more questions, though. First of all, I won't be camping, not at T nor anywhere, is not my plan to take/rent a tent, too heavy luggage for the planes, so that's not an option.

I'll be staying at hostels, etc. also, wherever I'm staying, it has to be anywhere close to BoA cause I'll have to walk from the bus stop (BoA) to the hostel, bc of the coach timetables, so It shouldn't be too far. Unless you can think of another option to travel at night, doesn't matter how far away or how long it takes, I just need to be able to go back to my place.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the replies guys, very usefull, they bring a couple more questions, though. First of all, I won't be camping, not at T nor anywhere, is not my plan to take/rent a tent, too heavy luggage for the planes, so that's not an option.

I'll be staying at hostels, etc. also, wherever I'm staying, it has to be anywhere close to BoA cause I'll have to walk from the bus stop (BoA) to the hostel, bc of the coach timetables, so It shouldn't be too far. Unless you can think of another option to travel at night, doesn't matter how far away or how long it takes, I just need to be able to go back to my place.

Thanks!!

Stay at tangerine fields tent is already set up for you and you get a sleeping bag.

No traveling back and forward.

Result.

haha thanks for the advice lor1, but prices are INSANE (same amount as the ticket) plus I need a weekend camping ticket, which I don't have, so thats not an option :(

I think I'll be staying at Stirling, moving to BoA either by bus or train, then take the coach to T and back, now my main issue is to find a good "time schedule" to be able to do all that without missing any shows, which by now is a little tough cause coaches are being taken

thanks for the advise guys, hope to see you there in a month

I'm ¿definetly? doing that, hope I can get to stirling somehow late at night (is personal security an issue at those hours?)

yeah devilman, I can't belive it either, there are actually two different buses, so I won't even be able to talk the driver on getting me to Stirling instead of BoA.

also, does anyone have any official news on the festival timetables? all I could find on google (not official from T) is on saturday last show ends at 00:45, and last citylink coach leaves at 00:30, so does it mean I'll miss last part of the shows?!