Camp Loner / Going Alone

I do like small festivals for the friendly vibe, saying that I've met some really nice people at big festivals too!

The main difference I think is the stealing and stuff at the bigger ones. I'm using the lockers for sure and also I'm bringing a can of flourescent green spray paint to I.d my tent, you're all welcome to do the same, might be worth doing chairs as well

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I already bought some for the tent. It's a good idea. And putting money in my locker and just taking what I need on each day. Used to go to Womad which was also at the Reading site for the day before it moved to Wiltshire. It's pretty soft so it'll be baptism by fire this year :P

I remember on '13 I managed to drink 3/4 of a bottle of JD on the first night (wednesday) woke up with the mother of all hangovers, went to the Toby Carvery just outside the site, spent like 6 quid on a full english and then found myself to be so nauseous that I couldn't even eat it.

Reading is great for supplies and the Tescos around the corner is like a little adventure when you get there! 

I think people tag their tents cos, if it did go walkies, you could mooch about, spot it, then call the old bill. Or give em a hiding (which is not advisable cos you'll probably be the one getting chucked out/arrested)

I might just surround mine with a rubbish moat to keep people out. A person's tent is their castle after all...or something like that ;)

(I won't really...actually a bit of a clean freak haha).

I made sure I got a tent that stands out so I'll notice it if someone nabs it/I'm lost.

Just reading an interview with Peace on the reading site. Funny stuff, sorry it's a bit long but here's a quote

"I have many memories! I think the first time I ever arrived at Reading, I knew what I was getting into then - it set the bar and only went up. I got a bus down to meet a friend, there was only one person I knew at the festival. This was when I had a terrible phone, and I just couldn’t get a hold of him at all. I was walking through the festival by myself with all my shit like ‘oh great, I’ve got the whole weekend by myself’.

Then I saw the guy who I was looking for, naked, underneath an upturned shopping trolley… and this was on a Thursday. I said to him ‘you haven’t been answering your phone’ and he said he’d lost it…. and his clothes and his tent and everything. He was just naked. Things only went uphill from there."

Fair enough Chris, it's what I'm most concerned about. I think thieves go for ones that are small easier to pinch and look the same as everyone else's.

The fact we're now gonna be in a big group is big help :)

Edited by Berty