Yr 2015 Wishlist

Amy Lawn

Merry Sunday, everybody.

There seems to be a lot of festival announcements lately, doesn't there? With deposit tickets going on sale, it seems like we should have our own soon. So how about we all write a letter to Father Melvin Christmas with a lists of acts we'd like him to bring us? Go as realistic or pie-in-the-sky as you want, but please show your working. Here's mine;

- Charli XCX, she has tour dates early next year, is putting out a new album soon, so she should be around. She's got the magic combination of indie credibility and hits that the all important yoof demographic will love to dance to, the wearers of flower crowns and tie-dye tops would love her to be booked, and so would I.

- The Twilight Sad, they've been a favourite of mine for many years now, and the new album has pushed them into the forefront, they're big news these days. One of the most committed live bands you will ever have the pleasure of seeing, and said earlier this year that they love festivals but don't get a lot of invites. Hopefully their newfound indie darling status and association with Mogwai will have put them on FR's radar.

Patti Smith - fits the description of returning headliner, touring Horses in 2015, all accounts from Green Man 2012 would suggest she knows how to put on a great show at a festival (her long storied career suggests she knows how to put on a great show anywhere, anytime). Any festival booker who passes up on the chance to have the great Patti Smith play their festival is a fool.

British Sea Power - I ask this every year, it just makes sense. They've got history with the festival, they're proper pedigree British indie rock, just let them storm the BBCR6 tent one night.

Modest Mouse - they fucken owe us. Where's the album they cancelled the 2013 tour to release? Issac Brock is one of the biggest tossers in music, if he's not touring or making music, then he's just out in the world being a dick. Earn the natural resources you're using up, Issac, play us a show.

ESG - missed them at Glastonbury this year to go and watch a sub-par Jack White show, and the completely boring Clean Bandit (never heard of them before that, I went under a recommendation, later punched the person who recommended them), when I watched them on iPlayer after the festival I was gutted to have missed out. Looked like brilliant fun, you want to dance in the sun for an hour? There's no better band to provide the soundtrack, book them before they pack it in.

Will post more later, but now I must go for my post-Sunday tea poo. Get posting your wishlists, spanking new Latitude board and it's pretty brown bread atm.

• 1 month later...