Flags

Guest Keef

Come on how can I seriously reply when you're still trolling out the 'just move' line as if you've never actually been and seen how completely blocked the view is for the entire gig.

If you really insist on cross-thread arguing then compare a flare that lasts a few minutes and which are comparatively rare.

I'm sorry if it utterly spangles your brain that I have differing opinions on things - it's because I'm not a two dimensional cartoon character. I find it hard to see something safe enough to hold in your hand as it burns as a massive danger, and see blocking people's view at an event as almost inexcusable because that's why everyone is there. I don't think I'm a fruitcake for that

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on how can I seriously reply when you're still trolling out the 'just move' line as if you've never actually been and seen how completely blocked the view is for the entire gig.

If you really insist on cross-thread arguing then compare a flare that lasts a few minutes and which are comparatively rare.

I'm sorry if it utterly spangles your brain that I have differing opinions on things - it's because I'm not a two dimensional cartoon character. I find it hard to see something safe enough to hold in your hand as it burns as a massive danger, and see blocking people's view at an event as almost inexcusable because that's why everyone is there. I don't think I'm a fruitcake for that

Edited by progue

I don't think you are a fruitcake and it doesn't spangle my brain that you have opinions on different things. I just think like most people, you are more accepting of the things you like than the things you don't.

All I'm saying here is that if you have an expectation for people to accommodate their dislikes for your enjoyment, then perhaps you should be prepared to reciprocate and compromise on some of your own dislikes.

If you don't want to do that, then that is fine though.

Edited by frostypaw

How dare you assume that I don't?

You're just getting rude now. If you took some time to read me posts you'd see I put a lot of thought into how things affect other people, and mostly bemoan how others don't think about anything but themselves

Now why not fuck off and accuse someone else of not thinking of others

The thing for me with flags is that one flag can block the view of 100's of people in the field. At times the performance at the Pyramid stage becomes unwatchable even on the screens as the flags can block these. I have left a few performances at the pyramid stage because of this as no matter where you stand you can't fully appreciate the performance. I like to see what the artists are doing as well as listen to them.

The thing for me with flags is that one flag can block the view of 100's of people in the field. At times the performance at the Pyramid stage becomes unwatchable even on the screens as the flags can block these. I have left a few performances at the pyramid stage because of this as no matter where you stand you can't fully appreciate the performance. I like to see what the artists are doing as well as listen to them.

I don't like the idea of banning them, but also they really do ruin it for the people at the back. Maybe stick like 20 fixed flag poles around the pyramid (and some at Other too), with really thin, high poles that won't be in peoples way, then auction off the spots for WaterAid for non-commercial use only.

To be honest I'm not really aiming some of that specifically at you personally, but rather the royal you.

I'm not assuming anything either, merely commenting based on what I have read on this forum. I've not said that you are not prepared to do that, I don't know you in real life, so I wouldn't know that. All I'm saying is if people are not prepared to compromise then that's up to them...It wasn't intended as some kind of personal slight though.

I'm not sure I have been at all rude

Edited by frostypaw