Ticket lost in the post....I'm scared

Guest LaxtonsSuperb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I was repeatedly told by the people answering the phone at both Royal Mail and Post Office. Same company, different names basically. If they aren't then why are they both on the same phone line?

Edit: If they're not the same company then they both need to sort out their call centre staff with the correct information :D cause I was repeatedly told they were, just different branches if you like.

April 2014!

I also had trouble getting through to the correct department at times, one minute I'd be on Royal Mail, the next minute I was being passed on to Post Office. Neither of them wanted to take responsibility so I was constantly being passed between the two without having to hang up and dial a new number. The options if I recall correctly gave me the option to talk to either of them.

If they have changed then it's very confusing, they speak to you like they're all under the same umbrella, they tell you that they are the same company and you get passed between the two like they're all connected.

What's the story here? Are you, your girlfriend and your friend all arriving seperately? When did you get your ticket? Is that with your friend? Did you get your ticket seperately from everyone else? Has your mate been into the post office he sent from to see if it's there yet? What year is this? Who's the President?

Having worked as a postie as a summer job many moons ago I can tell you that if it's not in the shop your mate sent it from...

1. Get him to go to his local sorting office to check there (ask at the shop where that is.)

2. You go to your local sorting office (where you pick up parcels that couldn't be delivered.) Get them to check inside and have a word with the postie that does your round. Best time to go would be as early as you can and I'm talking 5am - yes it's shut but keep banging and someone will answer.

3. No joy? Hope it arrives of it's own accord (which I'm sure it will)

4. Buy the missus another ticket on here and fake nose, 'tashe and chin putty the gate. Get in for tea and medals and then claim the original ticket cost back from the Royal Mail.

Hi Laxton,

I'm in the same boat - three of our tickets are lost in transit somewhere. This happens to 1000's of people every year, which is why seetickets don't give a monkeys and royal mail, will offer you a refund.

My friend got in last year, her ticket was lost in the post. You can get in, but it is luck of the draw. You need support from RoyalMail, SeeTickets and the Glastonbury Ticket office. With all three in agreement, you can be granted access. But you need to fight like a rotweiler to the death. I think your case is strong as it is only one ticket in your party of three, so they may take pity on your situation.

If you are serious, I would get all of you donw there early as possible, there will be 100's of other poor suckers trying to get in too.

Good luck, and of course happy to start a hate campaigner against royal mail. perhaps we should film the anguish on peoples faces who are not allowed in - youtube more powerful that twitter I feel. (Actually - scrap that, I know Royal mail have two dedicated employees who only monitor twitter and respond to tweets, so maybe we should tap that up)

Good luck, and see you at the gate.

Edited by WagingWarOnRoyalMail

Hi WagingWarOnRoyalMail - thanks for your post - fortunately my lost ticket turned up - between a couple of cabinets in the Post Office - the sender (my mate) went in and insisted it was searched for and they looked at the CCTV incredibly

I wrote a very sarcastic, acerbic email to the people that were still looking for it from Royal Mail but they were very dry in response sadly, I had hoped they had a sense of humour

I hope you get yours sorted though and you at least get in - we've been quite lucky in the end

I had a similar problem, card through the door, but no tickets at the sorting office.. turned out they were still in the postie's bag!

Amazing what they can find when they actually look eh.. maybe Lord Lucan and Shergar are hiding out in a sorting office too!

Fantastic news, and just in time.. bet you enjoy it all the more after the drama :)

Hi WagingWarOnRoyalMail - thanks for your post - fortunately my lost ticket turned up - between a couple of cabinets in the Post Office - the sender (my mate) went in and insisted it was searched for and they looked at the CCTV incredibly

I wrote a very sarcastic, acerbic email to the people that were still looking for it from Royal Mail but they were very dry in response sadly, I had hoped they had a sense of humour

I hope you get yours sorted though and you at least get in - we've been quite lucky in the end

Never post but feeling your pain so I have to offer some advice even though I'm late for tennis. I've lost count of the times I've not received a card through the door because the postman can't be arsed and found my parcel at the sorting office. Is there anyone in the area who could go and make a nuisance of themselves? The very best of luck to you.