Worthy View - Alcohol

Guest Jules62

Just received Worthy View information and reading through the Villiage Green and Alcohol section it said ' no spirits and glass bottles allowed'. Somebody please tell me this is a typo!

Just to make it clear it's the spirits I'm questioning not the glass bottles!

Edited by Jules62

On that info sheet it also says about everyone arriving at the same time - Not possible in our group due to work. Assume there is some way around that?

On the alcohol side of things it also says you can only bring in the amount you can carry on your first entrance to the camp site. I was planning on leaving some in the boot of the car and going back when needed, one of the benefits of having the car park so close! I've never stayed there before and am doing it this year under duress! How strict are they on the rules? Would have been nice if they could have made it clear at booking stage!

I read about everyone arriving together the other day and had to contact them, they are very strict with this and the only way around it is to nominate other group leaders etc here's the email address

worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

I'm sure there shouldn't be any issue with going back to the car for more alcohol, it sounds a bit like the email that went out to everyone last year from See about only being allowed as much alcohol as you can carry - so I'm going to ignore that bit !

Hi sorry I wasn't very clear, you can have more than 1 lead booker, this is the only way to do it if people are arriving at different times, each separate arrival has to have a lead booker. That is what we have had to do. I would contact them just to be on the safe side, they don't seem to be very flexible about it.

Re. alcohol, a similar directive was sent out last year (only as much as you can carry etc) and a retraction of sorts was then published on the website by Michael Eavis, confirming it's not only what you can carry in your arms on one trip.

See here: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/bringing-alcohol-to-glastonbury/

So I would think you'd be fine this year as well going back to the car, and spirits in plastic bottles/tins would be fine as per all previous years. My group certainly won't be changing our plans/routine.

Edit: WV have confirmed on twitter that spirits are fine in plastic bottles

https://twitter.com/WorthyView/status/472659550106312704

Edited by fixx

I read about everyone arriving together the other day and had to contact them, they are very strict with this and the only way around it is to nominate other group leaders etc here's the email address

worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

I'm sure there shouldn't be any issue with going back to the car for more alcohol, it sounds a bit like the email that went out to everyone last year from See about only being allowed as much alcohol as you can carry - so I'm going to ignore that bit !

It was on the information sheet that was on the email, I've put the link below, if you contact them I'm sure it can be sorted, but I think I read it somewhere on the worthy view page as well, this is what made me contact them in the first place

http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WORTHY-VIEW-INFORMATION-PACK.pdf

Hopefully this works, you can see on their twitter feed they've had lots of requests to do this.

It was on the information sheet that was on the email, I've put the link below, if you contact them I'm sure it can be sorted, but I think I read it somewhere on the worthy view page as well, this is what made me contact them in the first place

http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WORTHY-VIEW-INFORMATION-PACK.pdf

Hopefully this works, you can see on their twitter feed they've had lots of requests to do this.

Edited by rostalof