Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on this for 2 weeks are you're all still banging on about headliners.

FFS. Can you not just enjoy a week in the sun for a cheap ticket???

My mate could be on the main stage with pots and pans and I'd still enjoy it.

Get over it!!!

Just been having a listen to some of the bands I ain't ever really heard of on the line up on Spotify, most are shit but a few sound alright.

Automatics seem like a decent Spanish take on Britpop sorta rock, will probably try check them out if nothing else is on I wanna see.

Never really listened to the Charlatans but don't mind them, especially their Stone Roses Madchestery kinda shit.

La Femme are quite good, dunno how to describe them, sorta shoegazey dream pop modern stuff. The video on the beni sites track is one of their tunes. Foreign as well

Slow Magic have a good sorta instrumental synthy sound to them, decent sun setting sorta band to chill to with a joint.

The Parrots are the best spanish indie band i've heard though, quite an english sound.

Most of the other spanish stuff is a bit hit and miss to me. Quite sorta light folky radio friendly rock, MANEL have tonnes of plays so assume they're a big deal in Spain.

In my opinion, apart from the libertines, charlatans are benicassim's best booking. There's no point whinging about when the lineup will be announced anymore, its gunna happen and if it doesn't then you can all be pissed off. Being to eager for the announcement is just going to leave you disappointed when its spanish and small bands.

Still buzzing off the first wave of announcements tbh. Plenty to w*nk over in Lily, Ellie and shit. Top acts like Kasabian, Manics, Weller, Courteeners. and let's be honest I assume a few of us here will be seeing the Libs twice in two weeks, who the fuck can grumble?

Just been having a listen to some of the bands I ain't ever really heard of on the line up on Spotify, most are shit but a few sound alright.

Automatics seem like a decent Spanish take on Britpop sorta rock, will probably try check them out if nothing else is on I wanna see.

Never really listened to the Charlatans but don't mind them, especially their Stone Roses Madchestery kinda shit.

La Femme are quite good, dunno how to describe them, sorta shoegazey dream pop modern stuff. The video on the beni sites track is one of their tunes. Foreign as well

Slow Magic have a good sorta instrumental synthy sound to them, decent sun setting sorta band to chill to with a joint.

The Parrots are the best spanish indie band i've heard though, quite an english sound.

Most of the other spanish stuff is a bit hit and miss to me. Quite sorta light folky radio friendly rock, MANEL have tonnes of plays so assume they're a big deal in Spain.

Drenge are pretty good too

Time of announcements doesn't depend on the festival organizers. You can't blame them they can announce after they get permission from band's manager not sooner not later. That is how booking works

Erm....I think you misread my post or just completely missed the point. For a start, I stated I'm quite happy with the line up. But for the organisers to actually state "Don't worry, we'll give you more names/bands in the next few days" WEEKS ago, and then then just not, and still say the same thing when asked, is just pisspoor. They should simply say "No, not yet", not promise and then not deliver. THAT'S what I'm dismayed at. And yes, being a former promoter, (6 years in the business) I'm more than aware of how booking works thank you. ;)

Edited by NipzBGD

We stopped in the pre-bought tents last year. Couple of things;

Don't put more than 3 people in a tent, even though they are made for 4 people - It gets pretty hot in there.

Cover from the sun is pretty good, lots of shade which is decent.

Cheap so well worth it and was nice last year to get there and not have to set anything up. Just threw our bags in and then went for a look around!

Security 24/7 for tents. Obviously its not fort knox but a little piece of mind was nice.

Good crowd in there last year! We took lots of tarpaulin and it drew people to come sit with us. In the end we had a huge drinking game, there was about 40 of us and it was class..

Cons: I guess you miss out abit on the full rough and ready atmosphere of doing it yourself but the pros outweighted the cons.

Hope thats helps you and anyone else that needed that bit of advise..

We stopped in the pre-bought tents last year. Couple of things;

Don't put more than 3 people in a tent, even though they are made for 4 people - It gets pretty hot in there.

Cover from the sun is pretty good, lots of shade which is decent.

Cheap so well worth it and was nice last year to get there and not have to set anything up. Just threw our bags in and then went for a look around!

Security 24/7 for tents. Obviously its not fort knox but a little piece of mind was nice.

Good crowd in there last year! We took lots of tarpaulin and it drew people to come sit with us. In the end we had a huge drinking game, there was about 40 of us and it was class..

Cons: I guess you miss out abit on the full rough and ready atmosphere of doing it yourself but the pros outweighted the cons.

Hope thats helps you and anyone else that needed that bit of advise..

Nice one mate!