Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO ALL OF YOU WHO IS HAVING PROBLEMS FOR GETTING TRANSPORT:

I don't know if you got this in the uk, but in Spain you can check blablacar.es

in there you can find people traveling from valencia, castellon or alicante, even madrid. The point is to share the expenses so traveling like that is quite cheap.

Burning in Benidorm. Should have an half decent tan come Thursday. Travelling to Castellon by train from Alicante and land around 5pm. Then have to find hotel and then way to festival (I'm staying 8km away) Really hope I make it in time for the start of James. Fingers crossed peeps!

Can we all just appreciate how good Travis, Kasabian and Klaxons were. Obviously stars of the show were the toastie shack and the orange juice stall in the campfest village though. First FIB was class, glad it's going ahead next year as well.

Anyone know if they put any videos of the bands up on youtube for us to watch? Or anywhere at all? Not going to watch those shitty fan videos from people in the crowd, they record the gigs to put on the screeens so surely they can whack them up on the net somewhere?

Incredible week though

my 4th Fib and that in my eyes was the best yet. Some top notch performances from Kasabian, Bugg, Libertiness, Above & Beyond, Klaxons and Tinie. And generally a fantastic atmoesphere at Hotel Orange and the festival, roll on next year i say!

have to say the whole weekend was great.

James smashed it on thursday and Ellie Goulding was great. Probably the best ive seen Kasabian and Jake Bugg they were both unbelieveable and Weller was very good. Manics and Example were great as well Lily Allen and The Libs were amazing. The Presidents of the United States of America got a great crowd and were good and was surprised how good Nina Nesbitt was.

Hozier, Kodaline and The Charlatans were all impressive and Travis was one of my highlights of the weekend. The crowd and sound was just spot on. Paolo Nutini was a great act to finish it off

have to say the whole weekend was great.

James smashed it on thursday and Ellie Goulding was great. Probably the best ive seen Kasabian and Jake Bugg they were both unbelieveable and Weller was very good. Manics and Example were great as well Lily Allen and The Libs were amazing. The Presidents of the United States of America got a great crowd and were good and was surprised how good Nina Nesbitt was.

Hozier, Kodaline and The Charlatans were all impressive and Travis was one of my highlights of the weekend. The crowd and sound was just spot on. Paolo Nutini was a great act to finish it off

Amen to all of that!

MIA was by far the worst act of the weekend, she was laughably bad, we chose to watch Wolf Alice instead but their set finished a bit earlier than it was supposed to. AHJ was pretty terrible too.

The dude saying the Libertines were shit has to be a wind up, surely. Maybe the first song was a little unenthusiastic but once they got going they where the main highlight in a week of highlights.

My other huge highlight that was a little unexpected was Of Montreal! Anyone who saw them has to agree they were fucking incredible. Dancing in the rain once that flash storm hit was for me the most fun of the weekend. Why every ran for shelter is beyond me!

Special mentions to Travis, James, Ellie Goulding, The Courteeners, Tame Impala, Klaxons, Kodaline, POTUSA and ......... I have to give it to him, Tinie Tempah.

Another special mention has to go to A-Phonics who played at the beach on the Tuesday night. They were brilliant and deserve a spot in the arena next year!

Commiserations to Cat Power and The 1975 who had their sets totally destroyed by sound problems.

In total I managed to catch 28 bands over the week, which was pretty amazing.

With the exception the 3 euro bottles of water and the only other option being those taps near the entrance what have undrinkable hot water and the non working fibervision screens the set-up in the arena is probably the best I have seen. No toilet queues, no bar queues, decent food for a half decent price amazing atmosphere in the arena. Outside it though was pretty pathetic but won't spoil an amazing experience.

Also, Muzzy, whilst I cannot compare it to years gone by, the heat was not that bad to camp in at all. While it did get hot in the afternoon I was able to sleep in until midday quite easily.

Edited by Mokes