Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

I was thinking that today, earlier on they posted a facebook status saying "it's that time again" Optimus Alive in Portugal are looking for a headliner and it doesn't appear that there is anything happening with them and The Libertines (yet). The Strokes would fit the line-up they have got going perfectly, and that festival is in July to, I would imagine there would be a few complications with AHJ's solo shows but nothing that could not be sorted. Our presumptions on the festivals finances aside, it does appear to be a genuine possibility.

I reckon that was more them just posting the drum kit during rehersals for their upcoming shows in New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Mokes, something to think about that housetrip. Although there is going to be 5 or 6 of us so might be slightly more difficult. If we can get something around £15 a night near city centre I'll be happy enough. Yeah it only just crossed my mind about the world cup the other day funnily enough which means I gotta start planning. (However I don't see spain getting past the quarters, Argies at 5/1 and France at Uraguay at 22/1 are my picks if anyones interested)

With regards to my no more headliners comment, yes I'm hoping for more. However I think if we get another one it will be for the sunday, Nutini not nearly strong enough to close the festival. Headlining the thursday isn't a massive deal in my eyes, does that really count as headlinging a festival? Only really appears to be a half day of music compared to the others. It's a bit like headlining a silent disco at Creamfields on the Friday for me.

Rock Werchter, Y Not

So srs

Why are you so intent on coming in here to put shit on everything then? Rock Wercher has a great line-up! Surely you should be stoked on that. Are you simply hoping that no other festivals come up with better line-ups so you don't feel like you're missing out on something better?

I reckon that was more them just posting the drum kit during rehersals for their upcoming shows in New York

May have been, but people were saying they were only doing that 1 off show in their home town in june, but they recently announced a music festival in August. Weird to come out in june then do nothing for a month then do another show at the end of August. A little European trip in between would make sense.

That festival has Julian Casablancas + the Voidz & a AHJ solo show one day and Strokes the next day. No reason why another festival could not have AHJ one day and the Strokes on another day...

Edited by Mokes

Nice one Mokes, something to think about that housetrip. Although there is going to be 5 or 6 of us so might be slightly more difficult. If we can get something around £15 a night near city centre I'll be happy enough. Yeah it only just crossed my mind about the world cup the other day funnily enough which means I gotta start planning. (However I don't see spain getting past the quarters, Argies at 5/1 and France at Uraguay at 22/1 are my picks if anyones interested)

With regards to my no more headliners comment, yes I'm hoping for more. However I think if we get another one it will be for the sunday, Nutini not nearly strong enough to close the festival. Headlining the thursday isn't a massive deal in my eyes, does that really count as headlinging a festival? Only really appears to be a half day of music compared to the others. It's a bit like headlining a silent disco at Creamfields on the Friday for me.

I agree, I don't think Spain will win it, but you would be a fool to write them off.

There are some rooms on in that cater to that many, you can get full 3 bedroom flats with single beds on there, definitely worth a look.

Thursday is not all that important, it's the integrity of the festival. look at all the years gone by, there is nothing even close to TT as a headliner there..

The other years it has always been close to a full days music, It looks like they still have a fair few bands to announce on the Thursday.

I can't wait for Tame Impala. My favourite band right now. Hopefully they perform new material, and most of Lonerism.

If you haven't already check out the band Pond, it's Tame Impala's side project. They are amazing to.

Still fingers crossed that The Strypes make an appearance. They're a brilliant upcoming band, great live (saw 'em in Sheffield) gonna be one of the next big things. They're at the Rock Werchter so who knows!!!!!!

Edited by sufc

Why are you so intent on coming in here to put shit on everything then? Rock Wercher has a great line-up! Surely you should be stoked on that. Are you simply hoping that no other festivals come up with better line-ups so you don't feel like you're missing out on something better?

Nope, I just find this entire thread quite humorous, to be fair none of this would have occurred if Guppy and Izzet had acted as civilised at the start as they do now..ish

I have missed this forum so much guyz.

Com Truise though, fucking hope I don't bump into you at Y Not.

Sgt. Buzz Killington.

He'll be the geezer drinking real ale at the back sat on a picnic blanket

Wu-Tang Clan are touring Europe mid July, got a gig in Sweden on the 22nd, possibly?

Would love a bit of wu

Don't bring my name into this to cover up the fact you're a mong.

Bet your parents are proud of you

I have missed this forum so much guyz.

Com Truise though, fucking hope I don't bump into you at Y Not.

Sgt. Buzz Killington.

I wouldn't want to ruin your weekend of ket taking :*

Still fingers crossed that The Strypes make an appearance. They're a brilliant upcoming band, great live (saw 'em in Sheffield) gonna be one of the next big things. They're at the Rock Werchter so who knows!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/iTY-hWyVgZg

Yes mate excellent point they very good hoping they announced at some point would be a great addition!!!!

Kasabian, The Libertines, Paul Weller, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Jake Bugg, Chase & Status, Ellie Goulding, Tinie Tempah, M.I.A., Example, Ingrosso, Alesso, Katy B, Tame Impala, Cat Power, Above & Beyond, Manic Street Preachers, Travis, James, Klaxons, Courteeners, Albert Hammond Jr., Sub Focus, Triángulo De Amor Bizarro, Of Montreal, The Charlatans, Manel, Razorlight, The 1975, Tycho, Jero Romero, Kodaline, Automatics, Tom Odell, Hozier, Chlöe Howl, Drenge, La Femme, François & The Atlas Mountains, Nina Nesbitt, Slow Magic, Telegram, The Presidents Of The United States Of America, Fat White Family, Tachenko, Mucho, Kokoshca, El Último Vecino, The Parrots, Skizophonic, The Academic...

Tinie won't be headliner. He's 9th on the list of acts they posted on their Youtube video.

Also they've said today on Twitter that more names will follow.