Sold out date

Guest cagetheginger

Glastonbury won't have saved money, they don't pay much.

And Arcade Fire are better than any V headliner since 2007 (IMO of course) and Kasabian have been doing constant headline slots since about 2010 so hardly small time. I doubt the overall Glastonbury lineup is going to appeal to many people who roam this particular area of Efestivals

No one knows how much the stones got, so every rumour is bollocks.

I reckon (and this is my guess) they got the bogstandard fee, but got alot of dictation on their placing and who played before them etc.

Such as the bird on the pyramid, primal scream warm up, setlist length etc.

No one knows how much the stones got, so every rumour is bollocks.

I reckon (and this is my guess) they got the bogstandard fee, but got alot of dictation on their placing and who played before them etc.

Such as the bird on the pyramid, primal scream warm up, setlist length etc.

Doubt they got a normal fee, I would guess more than any other headliner previous to them. They would know they would headline so they wouldnt get to choose that, and I doubt the bird was down to them. Set length would probably be in the contract negotiations somewhere, and I dont know if they would have any control over primal scream subbing

It has already been confirmed by Michael Eavis that the Stones got the normal fee. (He would say that of course)

And like someone has pointed out, saving money on headliners doesnt happen as they all get such a low fee. When Coldplay waived their fee in 2010 it was all donated to charity.

And Primal Scream supporting and the bird were their choice i believe

There are many reasons the headliners play Glasto and a payday is not 1 of them.

Nobody actually believes that though, right? :sarcastic:

Exactly.

Who said it was? (Although arguably given that one of the reasons is the jump in record sales thanks to the TV coverage it actually is but never mind.)

I've got little idea about how Glasto dilute payments depending on timeslot and stage et cetera but my point was that if you're saving 300k by not having a real 'wow' headliner then there's surely a better chance of the undercard being improved just slightly by having just that slightest bit more to spend on the rest of the Pyramid all weekend.

It's not like Glasto are facing a 2008 sitch here, where the bill is so weak that there are going to be tickets left on the door, but if people are stupid enough to take the view that last year was a 'peak' (and lord knows that'd be such a very British thing to do) then it could have a negative impact on demand for next year's fest, which is something Glasto really can't afford. Could. That's why I'm excited for the Glasto poster. :good:

Just spotted your be at your first Glasto. U missed a phenomenal year last year but honestly you will love it. Makes V fest look like a visiting traveller fair when u could go to Alton Towers. Trust me even if you dont like some of the acts there is so much to do. Presume u have seen vids on Shangri La and Arcadi?