Northside Festival 2014

Guest rawaudioinput

Never been but been doing a bit of research on it though.

Quite easy to get to.

Aarhus airport to the train station which you can do by bus or taxi, then a bus from the train station straight to the festival site.

There won't be a language barrier as most Danish people speak English.

I live in Aarhus and have attended Northside Festival the past three years. Compared to other festivals like Roskilde Festival it's a bit different because of the central location and the lack of camping.

A lot of danes use the festival as an opportunity to crash the apartment of an old friend, having a party weekend together in Aarhus. In that way it is, for us at least, a luxury festival where you can sleep in a nice bed, have brunch together before you go to the festival site and end the evening at some party.

It's a rather small festival (25.000 people), which together with the non-camping means that it lacks the "social camping party vibe" that you find in other festivals.

That being said, I've already bought a ticket for 2014 and I can definitely recommend the festival.

If you (or any other) have questions regarding the Northside festival, I would gladly help you :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Koertz. I have a question - it says on the official Northside site that no food or drink at all is allowed to be taken into the arena - this seems a bit strict. How thoroughly do they enforce this, and what are the food/drinks (beer) prices like inside?

Cheers

Great...

The train between Copenhagen and Aarhus costs about 400 kr (45 £) each way which is a lot, but if you book your tickets early, you can get the "orange" tickets with a discount of at least 50%.

It's like the airplanes, they have a limited amount of tickets at a reduced price. You can only book the orange tickets 2 month in advance, so in your case, if you buy them around the 16th of April you should be able to get a pair of cheap tickets. The longer you wait after the 16th of April the more you risk them being sold out.

It doesn't seem that the part of the website with the orange tickets is in english, but here is the link, and even though it's in Danish, I think you can work it out. Otherwise just ask...

http://www.dsb.dk/om-billetter-og-kort/indland/billetter/dsb-orange/landingpages/orange-extreme/

I hope you'll enjoy Denmark and especially the Northside Festival :yahoo:

Great...

The train between Copenhagen and Aarhus costs about 400 kr (45 £) each way which is a lot, but if you book your tickets early, you can get the "orange" tickets with a discount of at least 50%.

It's like the airplanes, they have a limited amount of tickets at a reduced price. You can only book the orange tickets 2 month in advance, so in your case, if you buy them around the 16th of April you should be able to get a pair of cheap tickets. The longer you wait after the 16th of April the more you risk them being sold out.

It doesn't seem that the part of the website with the orange tickets is in english, but here is the link, and even though it's in Danish, I think you can work it out. Otherwise just ask...

http://www.dsb.dk/om-billetter-og-kort/indland/billetter/dsb-orange/landingpages/orange-extreme/

I hope you'll enjoy Denmark and especially the Northside Festival :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...