WICKERMAN FESTIVAL 2013

Guest vanbill

Hey folks , anybody going to the Wickerman festival ? anybody been before ,

im taking a campervan and was wondering if an awning that attaches to the side of the van is allowed ,

the ticket sais one small tent is permited but its a bit bigger than a small tent comming in at

3 mtrs x 3 mtrs ,

would be good to find out before i get there and get told to take it down ,

thanks for reading and if youv seen one let me know ,

thanks

bill

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group of us going for the fourth year running! Can't give too much information on the awning I'm afraid - more just posting as I notice a pretty poor lack of Wickerman chat!

Admiral Fallow being added to the line-up is a fine addition. Far happier with the line-up this year than last.

When my mate parked his van there we sprang a mini tent city around him without issue or complaint.

Unfortunately I can't to back. I'm with a disabled partner now and having contacted them about it I was told to f-k off.

In fairness to other Scottish festivals I got the opposite response from Rock Ness, and even from that hell-hole that is T in the Park.

Edited by viberunner

Hi,

First time ever at the wickerman this year for me & my family. I normally do T in the Park each year but decided it was time to expand our festival experiences this year & include the teenage kids. Absolutely clueless about this festival so any information/tips would be grateful.

What should I expect with camping/toilet facilities? Would NEVER consider camping at T in the Park. Hoping because it is family orientated festival things will be okay at Wickerman.

Is it worth while paying extra for toilet/shower bands? Any information/tips to make this a success would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

First time ever at the wickerman this year for me & my family. I normally do T in the Park each year but decided it was time to expand our festival experiences this year & include the teenage kids. Absolutely clueless about this festival so any information/tips would be grateful.

What should I expect with camping/toilet facilities? Would NEVER consider camping at T in the Park. Hoping because it is family orientated festival things will be okay at Wickerman.

Is it worth while paying extra for toilet/shower bands? Any information/tips to make this a success would be greatly appreciated.

Ok ive opted for the extra 10 quid shower wristband , didnt bother with the posh toilet one cos i recon if the toilets are that bad i can always have another shower , lol ,

anybody know of a link to get a view of the field layouts , got loads of friends coming and would be good to see where the campervan area is in relation to family camp site area ,

cheers

bill

Hi,

Ok ive opted for the extra 10 quid shower wristband , didnt bother with the posh toilet one cos i recon if the toilets are that bad i can always have another shower , lol ,

anybody know of a link to get a view of the field layouts , got loads of friends coming and would be good to see where the campervan area is in relation to family camp site area ,

cheers

bill

Thank you everyone for info regarding toilets, kind of basing my ideas on T in park at the moment. Are there "posh" toilets in campsite and main area.

Found food at healthy T to be good, what is it like at Wickerman? I'll be okay if Stoats are there for my porridge ;-) & thinking about taking gas stove.

If it is dry we will go Thursday night, what times does it all kick off at on Friday/Saturday? When do stage times get released, do stage times run alongside each other. Trying to work out if Vigo Thieves & the Enemy are likely to clash.

Thank you once again

Thank you everyone for info regarding toilets, kind of basing my ideas on T in park at the moment. Are there "posh" toilets in campsite and main area.

Found food at healthy T to be good, what is it like at Wickerman? I'll be okay if Stoats are there for my porridge ;-) & thinking about taking gas stove.

If it is dry we will go Thursday night, what times does it all kick off at on Friday/Saturday? When do stage times get released, do stage times run alongside each other. Trying to work out if Vigo Thieves & the Enemy are likely to clash.

Thank you once again

Tickets purchased and splashed out ! on a posh toilet. Weans in tow and they can be a bit fussy.

Have a feeling that Chic in the sunshine could steal the show. Will Nile do " get lucky " ?

Also planning to catch King Charles, Bombskare, Dreadzone, SLF and Primal Scream. Was surprised that British Service Broadcasting are on after the burning but they are getting rave reviews and can see the lights and video working well as it will be pitch dark by the time they are on.

Anyone know whats happening on the Thursday night, if anything ?

You can get more than just burger and chips but I would take the stove. I remember an arran cheddar and haggis toastie being well tasty......

The dance tents finish at 5am and no matter how far away you camp the bass will find you. I find drinking lots is your only chance of a kip !

Hi, does anyone know what is going to be on on the Thursday i.e. will the fairground be open? will there be music in any of the tents? etc We are getting the bus this year as the 5 and a half hour drive back up the road last year was just a bit too much! :)

There is a bar with music and djs on the Thursday night.

Opening with a mighty musical bang on Thursday night, The Greenman Inn will get campers instantly in the festival swing with popular ceilidh band rhythmnreel, country act Jericho Hill and DJ Jason Dupuy. The Headphone Disco team will invite festival goers to choose a channel dance into the early hours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

The food stalls and fairground should be open as well. Really wanted to do the kendal / wickerman double like last year but the same weekend's a killer choice, hopefully one of em will see sense next year and change back to a week apart. There were a few people that did the 2