Secret Garden Party 2013

Guest twixypix

im definately going!!! ordered my ticket in november been absolutley buzzing since. got a question though. its my first time going, im 17 years old and have been told i look older than i am, ive got an adult ticket, will i be alright getting in and with buying booze and stuff? mates of mine who have been say as long as i dont try to take booze in on entry ill be fine, but im not sure? if anyone can help please let me know. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am going again this year, can't wait! It will be my second time. As for the under age question i cannot comment, however check the rules and see if you can work around the age issue. I am sure it wont be an issue though. I am glad that the festival isnt really about who is playing since this year there is very few people I am interested in seeing. However even with last year being more, i never made it to anything since i got lost in the festival! so good!

If you fancied 'buddying' up with me let me know. Depends what sort of stuff you like I guess cos green stewards are quite cool and will try to place you where you want to be if you request it. We'd have to meet up so we got same shifts etc. it's not too bad doing it randomly with whoever else is on their own when you get there, but one shift was shit for me cos i was stuck with a complete bore who checked his watch every five minutes to see if we were nearly finished...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m a SGP virgin. Done Glasto 4 times, V once & Glade once.

Can’t wait to give this festival a blast.

If you haven’t seen 2012 promo video check it out, that will certainly get you excited. Sorry I can’t provide a link as my work has youtube blocked.

Anyone know if much goes on Thursday day/night, or do things really kick off on Friday?

I’m a SGP virgin. Done Glasto 4 times, V once & Glade once.

Can’t wait to give this festival a blast.

If you haven’t seen 2012 promo video check it out, that will certainly get you excited. Sorry I can’t provide a link as my work has youtube blocked.

Anyone know if much goes on Thursday day/night, or do things really kick off on Friday?

I am just listening to the secret fm podcast. Getting so excited!!!

Also it looks like the sun is staying with us. Thanks lucyginger and co for all your efforts, a little late for Glastonbury unfortunately.

This will be my 3rd SGP, it sounds like there have been some changes this year. I can't wait to see the "new lake" I am definitely going swimming this year.

I am just listening to the secret fm podcast. Getting so excited!!!

Also it looks like the sun is staying with us. Thanks lucyginger and co for all your efforts, a little late for Glastonbury unfortunately.

This will be my 3rd SGP, it sounds like there have been some changes this year. I can't wait to see the "new lake" I am definitely going swimming this year.

I'm going as well for the first time! Extremely EXCITED! Is there anything I need to know regarding stuff I should particpate in(obviously everything), but in particular, stuff I should see? Also how is the security over there? I have heard incredibly bad things, which I am hoping doesn't spoil it for me as I am someone who likes some stuff, which some people think is naughty....Any Tips?

I'm going as well for the first time! Extremely EXCITED! Is there anything I need to know regarding stuff I should particpate in(obviously everything), but in particular, stuff I should see? Also how is the security over there? I have heard incredibly bad things, which I am hoping doesn't spoil it for me as I am someone who likes some stuff, which some people think is naughty....Any Tips?

Edited by Miesh

Bit of advice needed....

We're travelling down from the Northeast and wondered what time was best to arrive to get the tents and shizz set up... We don't want to be near the toilets etc... How busy is the campsite and is there enough space?

Ta!

We're going for the first time this year. Does anyone know if the camper van field is outside the fence? If it is, how does that work with taking alcohol in? The FAQ says you can only take some in on your first entry, so does that mean we can only take beer in on the Thursday?