Line Up Announcment at 4pm

Guest adamrob

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point actually, Rockness is the perfect size at the moment in my opinion, wouldn't want it much bigger. I hate the size of T in the Park, especially like last year when the site is a mud bath. Takes so much time and energy to get anywhere without falling on your arse.
Edited by CraigI

Where are you getting the info on the possible lowest attendance? Do you have some inside info? Bold statement after 11 acts being announced, 8 of which I think are pretty decent for this festival with the fact that loads of electro has still to be announced in mind. Maybe not to your taste.......but I'm sure plenty of other people think its decent. Personally I think the crowd numbers will be fine

Where are you getting the info on the possible lowest attendance? Do you have some inside info? Bold statement after 11 acts being announced, 8 of which I think are pretty decent for this festival with the fact that loads of electro has still to be announced in mind. Maybe not to your taste.......but I'm sure plenty of other people think its decent. Personally I think the crowd numbers will be fine

I don't know what the current sales figures are, I wouldn't argue either way but I do think high sales on Monday were to do with panic buying. Obviously a lot of people were sucked in by the £99 tickets and were waiting at 9am. Then when the £99 tickets sold out straight away, people panicked and bought the higher tier ones instantly without thinking. I nearly did but decided to wait and see the line up as I was quite frustrated.

I really do want to go to Rockness this year, have been going the last few years and I love it but I just hope the line up gets better. Yeah £150 all in is still cheap for the UK but as it stands, you really are getting what you pay for. Creamfields tickets are currently cheaper than Rockness and the quality of line up there is guaranteed to be amazing. Same with Bestival, the line up is unbelievable. Why is Rockness's so weak? I know they are bigger so I wouldn't expect as many acts as they have but why doesn't Rockness have some?

Because people were duped by the cheap prices and blind faith that the festival they once loved would be as good as it was 4 years ago.

Now that the line-up is announced, the fact it's garbage coupled with the fact that the £99 tickets are no more, sales will definitely dry up. All the blind faith fans have bought theirs.

As I said I expect % sales compared to tickets available to be worst ever.

Feel free to come back with some cold hard facts to prove me wrong.

If this festival continues to be run down the way it has been heading in the last few years it will disappear within 5 years.

I hope that doesn't happen, but the folk that run things must try harder.

I don't know what the current sales figures are, I wouldn't argue either way but I do think high sales on Monday were to do with panic buying. Obviously a lot of people were sucked in by the £99 tickets and were waiting at 9am. Then when the £99 tickets sold out straight away, people panicked and bought the higher tier ones instantly without thinking. I nearly did but decided to wait and see the line up as I was quite frustrated.

I really do want to go to Rockness this year, have been going the last few years and I love it but I just hope the line up gets better. Yeah £150 all in is still cheap for the UK but as it stands, you really are getting what you pay for. Creamfields tickets are currently cheaper than Rockness and the quality of line up there is guaranteed to be amazing. Same with Bestival, the line up is unbelievable. Why is Rockness's so weak? I know they are bigger so I wouldn't expect as many acts as they have but why doesn't Rockness have some?

I know it sounds like am banging their drum too much, but come the time the festival comes around their will be plenty tickets sold, at lower prices than last year and I honestly can't think of anyone I know that goes to Rockness that doesn't have a good time.

Personally I don't even go to a festival based on the line up, yeah it plays a part of the weekend but that is a small part of it for me.

You always get negative reaction to the first line up, but those who have been before know it will still be a great weekend.

Does Bestival Usually sell out? And roughly how much do you recon travel would cost from Central Scotland??

I'm steering clear of TITP this year and this could be another option, the timong also gives me extra time to save some cash after going on holiday.

Edited by Paul ™

I'd recommend going Wednesday and going back Tuesday. Trying to get on and off the island is a pain in the hole. Even getting out of bestival on Monday morning is hell. That said it is a blinding festival. The level of detail on the extra stuff is unbelievable, the I'f u like, the unnecessary stuff. From the swamp shack to the site lighting, to the bars with really comfy sofas. There is so much to do, it's a beautiful site, mostly well planned out.