new mobile website menus

Guest eFestivals

To better integrate the mobile forum skin style with the style of the mobile website, the mobile website now uses a menu system of the same style as the forums (it's that window-type icon at the top right of the page when using the forums mobile skin).

Take a look for yourself - http://m.efestivals.co.uk :)

I've still got a few bits and pieces of tidying up to do with and around the menu, which i'm working on now.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed google chrome on my galaxy s2 last night as was getting fed up with the stock browser.

When using chrome I am having a problem when I press the box to open up the menu to mark all as read, I get the confirmation box but pressing ok doesnt load anything.

Works fine on the app and the stock browser.

Android version 4.1.2

Installed google chrome on my galaxy s2 last night as was getting fed up with the stock browser.

When using chrome I am having a problem when I press the box to open up the menu to mark all as read, I get the confirmation box but pressing ok doesnt load anything.

Works fine on the app and the stock browser.

Android version 4.1.2

I've just tested it on my Nexus 7 (v4.21) with Chrome, and there's no similar problem for me.

I've also just tested it on my old phone running Android v2.2. I can't use Chrome cos it's not available for v2.2, but the menu (including the 'mark content read' option) works as it should in the basic browser that the phone came pre-installed with.

Nothing with the menus is different to how they come as standard (an additional menu item has been added, but that's doing nothing extra to how things work out of the box), so there's no real reason why they shouldn't work.

So I think it's a safe guess the issue is on your phone somehow - either related to available memory, browser caching, or something else.

I suggest clearing your browser cache and then restarting your phone and giving it another go - I suspect it might then work.

But if not please let me know and I'll have a deeper look into the problem.

Edited by eFestivals

Figured it out.. you will love this one lol

On the stock browser and the app when you press mark all as read the pop up box has ok on the right and cancel on the left.

On chrome they are other way round!

So you can put this one down to user error :P

• 1 month later...