Word Association Game

ALONE

Love were one of my standout Glastonbury moments which I've posted before (see below) but this first clip is from Jools Holland.  A great contrast between their melodic and forceful numbers.

Yes, I (criminally) wasn't aware of Love until my mate Steve introduced me to them at my 1st Glastonbury in 03 and I was blown away. Managed to see them 3 or 4 times before Arthur sadly passed away.

Back to links and SEVEN

Which I loved when they did it on the Simpsons

HEY

A lot of questions about the provenance of this song.  Tim Rose for a long time claimed he wrote it and then passed it to Jimi Hendrix via his girlfriend.  Others then claimed they wrote it and Rose nicked it.  Either way a song that led to a lot.  I spent a couple of evenings after show drinking with Tim Rose, who was a stunning performer who could bring you to tears but, sadly never saw Hendrix live.

CRACKLIN'

One of the finest performers I've ever seen live.  Everyone was on their feet from start to finish of his four hour show.  A cheesy but fun singalong.  It's sad that Parkinson's has put an end to his touring performing.