T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price of it and the distance etc I doubt I'll be back but I had a bloody fantastic time. The whole deodorant at the start needs chucking, no it doesn't, just don't admit you have it and hide it. They weren't searching anyone that had their kit roped to a trolley so I was sniffer dogged and that was that, Straight through no worries.

Didn't try and sneak alcohol in and Magners is okay when cold but I'm not a massive fan of it, the toffee apple brothers went down a treat at the campsite which I have to say was awesome times. Saw one fight the whole weekend, two pass outs but that'll happen anywhere with the heat.

Even bar staff making friendly conversation, loads of crowd talking, meeting and banter and were like only too happy for the english to come and enjoy our big festival. We got no crap at all and met some people that I was as gutted to leave as I was the festival.

Nothing like the scary rumors I heard and the crowds I thought were fine, C&S if you didn't get into it could have been intimidating. The weather majorly helped and the campsite to the arena walk was just fine, I think the open plan Sunset strip into the arena is an awesome idea too.

As I said I'll post an honest review after I've been.

Edited by carruthers67

Said the lineup was dreadful but had an absolutely brilliant weekend. Probably the most fun I've had at T.

The Afterburner was an amazing addition to the festival (although probably would lose its edge if it was bucketing down).

Friday: Rudimental > Jake Bugg > Jackmaster & Joy Orbison > Kraftwerk

Saturday: Maya Jane Coles > Claude Von Stroke > Miles Kane > Travis > Slam > Richie Hawtin

Sunday: Earth, Wind and Fire > Ocean Colour Scene > Disclosure > Stereophonics > Hot Natured

Travis would have been better placed headlining the NME stage on Saturday instead of Beady Eye.

One other thing was, I had a chat with a policewomen on the Friday night and she was telling me she enjoys doing TITP and she has been doing it for a few years now, but then added that she doesn't know what will be happening next year as it isn't going to be in Balado anymore. Not sure what truth is in that though but it stuck with me.

Interesting chat on searches. I was in main entrance each day and there was minimal searches. My mates all got drink in, wine in bags, 6 cans in rucksack on Sunday, drink in bottles of water that obviously wasn't water, etc.

I also had no issues taking in water either. Most stewards just asked you what you had in bag, Saturday I just told him bottle of water (it was!), Sunday I took it out and showed him.

Sounds like they are cracking down on the campsite entrance as they must think that's where most of the drink comes in.

Slowly getting back to life again today.

What a weekend that was. Has to be up there with one of my best T's ever. There is no doubt the glorious weather the full weekend had something to do with it though. Only down side about the weather was the amount of dust everyone was kicking up. Ended up dirtier than I did last year!

Highlights for me were Travis, Chase and Status (Minus the moshpits), Calvin Harris, Rudimental, Bastille and The Killers

Fairly disappointed in Disclosure and Stereophonics specially as it was 2 acts I was really looking forward too.

As a few have said, the security at the main arena entrance was a nightmare this year. It suddenly felt like a move in the right direction the fact that you didn't need your ticket for the full weekend and wristband was all that was needed. But the ques weren't long in building when security decided to act like airport security giving everyone bag searches, wallet/purse searches, patting down legs and pockets, and telling you to life your hands up and spin around. Far too over the top in my opinion.

One other thing was, I had a chat with a policewomen on the Friday night and she was telling me she enjoys doing TITP and she has been doing it for a few years now, but then added that she doesn't know what will be happening next year as it isn't going to be in Balado anymore. Not sure what truth is in that though but it stuck with me.

Edited by thewayiam

I am a TITP veteran, Ive been around 15 consecutive years.

So it is with a heavy heart that I have decided I will not be returning to any future TITPs. My reason for this is simple, my tent was broken into an robbed whilst my mate and I were inside it asleep.

It is made even worse by the fact we were in the Tangerine Fields which sells itself on having added security.

We were not alone in having our tent robbed whilst we slept in the Tangerine Field, I heard of several others who suffered the same fate.

We've all heard the horror stories of people's tents being raided or trashed when they have not been in them but when people's safety is at risk by being robbed like when they are asleep then enough is enough for me.

No doubt Geoff Ellis couldn't give a flying you know what as long as the money still rolls in.

When the decent people stop going and it becomes a complete nedfest it will be too late to salvage.

As others have said, the security getting from campsite into arena was OTT. Full body frisks, even of children, is a joke.

Enough is enough for me, I doubt I'll ever be back.

Had an excellent time tbh. My 3rd T and by far my best.

The Killers, Travis and Deacon Blue were truly outstanding.

Arrived on the Thursday and had to wait 2 hours in the queue to get my wristband which annoyed me after waiting ages on the campsite to open! We then had to trek to purple 3 just to find a decent spot then 10 minutes later Red opened. Fucking typical!

We went to the arcadia afterburner on the Thursday night, had a great time (even though I broke my toe) When we woke up we found out from the Australians in the tent across from us that someone had broken into their tent whilst they were asleep and had stolen £60. I can remember waking up to the sound of our tent getting zipped up but in my drunken state just thought it was my friend going to the toilet but according to him he never left the tent that night. We had nothing stolen, so maybe I dreamt it?

We missed Imagine Dragons because of the trek from Purple 3 was longer than we expected haha. We then waited at the Radio 1 stage from Texas onwards but I left halfway through Calvin Harris because I personally thought he was crap mainly because he just seems to press play and occasionally fist pump the air!... I went to see Kraftwerk and was honestly surprised to see the tent pretty much empty but none the less I thought they were good.

Saturday was okay in terms of music. Travis, Noah and the Whale, Deacon Blue were the only bands I really enjoyed that day though. I got dragged along to Rihanna and thought she was crap. What was with all the guitar solo's and her going off stage? Personally bored me!

Sunday was the day I looked forward to the most mainly because The Killers were playing and it was also my birthday. Started the day with EWF, who I had never really heard of before but they were awesome! Then seen Bastille who were surprising good. We then went to get merch. We trailed to the campsite to find out that they had all shut and had taken down all stock (Arseholes) We had to go back to the arena to get our tops. £20 for a T top!! Ridiculous! I didn't mind paying £25 for a Killers one though haha! We returned to the main stage after a well needed rest and shit... Frank Ocean was playing. He was truly awful, made me want to tan my wrists. How did he manage to get that far up the bill? Stereo's were nothing special in my eyes and I was really looking forward to seeing them too. Too many new songs for people to enjoy the set. Then The Killers came on and blew me away, atmosphere was outstanding! Annoyed that they were late on stage even though I could see them at 9:15 waiting at the stage door to come on! None the less. Brilliant set, and my highlight! The two tent fires we saw on Sunday night were really close to our tents and honestly had me fearing for my tent.

We left early on Monday around 9 but we left our tent, too much hassle to take it down. In terms of security we never got searched coming into the campsite but going into the arena we got everything bar cavity searched. I did get through with toothpaste in my pocket from when I had been brushing my teeth but I had to open it to prove it was in fact really toothpaste.

I just wish it would go back to a two day event that's when it was at its best! I don't care what anyone says! Plus it's far too expensive bout 400 quid for 2 tickets then say u have 10 drinks a day that's 42 quid plus your petrol food costs etc, then u get folk that are there wanting to fight with u, shoulder charging you, people who can't behave themselves and of course school leavers etc, the crowd itself is just getting worse and worse each year! I would rather go on a holiday for a week somewhere or go to a single gig abroad that pay mr g Ellis anymore!

Worst call of the weekend was putting Frank Ocean on the main stage, especially so high up.

Seeing as he really doesn't have any "hits" and his songs are mainly, dark, slow R&B it was never going to work.

I did still love his performance though, but it would have been hard for someone to do so if they were not a massive fan.

He should have taken Labrinth's spot, second from top in King Tuts , would have been perfect. And Labrinth would have been a better fit on the main stage.

Worst call of the weekend was putting Frank Ocean on the main stage, especially so high up.

Seeing as he really doesn't have any "hits" and his songs are mainly, dark, slow R&B it was never going to work.

I did still love his performance though, but it would have been hard for someone to do so if they were not a massive fan.

He should have taken Labrinth's spot, second from top in King Tuts , would have been perfect. And Labrinth would have been a better fit on the main stage.

I just wish it would go back to a two day event that's when it was at its best! I don't care what anyone says! Plus it's far too expensive bout 400 quid for 2 tickets then say u have 10 drinks a day that's 42 quid plus your petrol food costs etc, then u get folk that are there wanting to fight with u, shoulder charging you, people who can't behave themselves and of course school leavers etc, the crowd itself is just getting worse and worse each year! I would rather go on a holiday for a week somewhere or go to a single gig abroad that pay mr g Ellis anymore!

That is terrible man, we got talking to some guys who said they had £400 stolen from their tent

I cant reiterate to people more about keeping your wallet/phone in your pocket while you sleep thieves have no consideration even if people are in their tent and will happily come in and take a wallet if its lying out