First time festival goers :D

Guest kinks&bash

Hi all thought we would make an account and get in on the mingling :biggrin:

We are 2 gals on our first festival experience together. We are so freaking excited :music: but a little anxious of what to expect and how to do it LOL! We are going for the 3 day camp.

Our plans are to drive their and get their well early so we have plenty of time to get sorted as we hear its a bit of a trek to and from the camp-site its self.

If any of you lovely people have any advise and tips they will be very welcome no mater how small.

much love kinks & Bash :D

PS Just one question can someone please clarify how much booze we can take in and in what form? thanks :victory:

Thanks Davidenn.

Does the spirits have to be transferred into a plastic container or kept in the original bottle?

Nothing wrong with going by your self although I don't think Id be brave enough! but I'm sure you'll meet loads of people. Are you going for the 3 day camp? We are looking to met some peeps as its always good to have a friendly face around :)

Ahh i'm not to sure about transferring it into a plastic container, might be advisable once your there just in case

Haha i'm not feeling to brave at the moment to be honest with you! and i'm only going for the 2 day camp, i'd love to meet up ha, be good not to be alone and to meet some fresh faces :cool:

You do have to decant spirits into a plastic container before you can go in. There's a place to do it on the way in but it would be easier to do it before you go. And, yes, you can take in one crate and one litre of spirits.

The main general advice I can give is to use common sense, don't take anything you can't afford to lose, don't make yourself a target (alone talking on a phone in the darger areas of the site etc) DO have a great time, I always do!! :D

If you want any more specific advice please ask!!

Thanks Delboy71 :)

We sure are aiming to have a bloody fantastic time, but as 2 ladies on our own are hoping to befriend some peoples before had just to make us feel more at ease.

just a few Q's atm but I'm sure more will pop into our heads along the way!!

How do you find out what colour area you will be camping in or do you just get first come first serve?

What do you make to padlocks on tents?

Once we have parked the car and set up our camp area can we go back to the car at any point?(or is it to far if you can)

what do you recommend doing for food as we have heard its mega expensive!! We where thinking taking some sarnies in a cool box and hope they dont go to soggy lol!! or hvaing a disposible BBQ if that's allowed!

sorry to bombard.xx

I'm afraid I don't camp (too old for that nonsense now :lol: ) but i'll try to help.

A map is usually released before the event showing the different colour areas so keep an aye on the Creamifelds website or on here (i'll post it once it comes out).

I wouldn't padlock a tent as I don't think you should have anything in there that's worth nicking and the lock just shouts out that you have. There are lockers available at £15 for the event but I believe they're only in the main arena although I could be wrong.

Once you're in that's it. No pass outs to go back to the car.

I always think cereal bars, pringles and stuff like that are the best bet. Light and easy to snack on. Have a wander round the supermarket and see what you think. A coolbox will only stay cold for about 12-24 hours unless you buy a really good one so probably not worth carrying it in. I don't think you're allowed disposable bbq's but might be worth emailing Cream to check. Food is fairly expensive but if you take plenty of snacks you should manage on one meal per day from the vendors.

Thank you for reply even though you don't camp!

Ill keep an eye on the site and on here thanks.

were going to padlock ourselves in lol but will use the padlocks for our bags for while we are out :)

I cant believe we cant go back to the car lol were going to struggle big time carrying everything in lol! oh well needs must :D

we will prob take a cooler bag/box to at least keep some drinks on but yes seems to make more sense to take snacks and I'm sure we can stretch our budget to one meal a day :)

With the drinks are they ok with it being mixed up ready in a plastic bottle?

thank you again :)

I'm really not sure about the mixing up of drinks before you go in, i've never heard anyone ask that one before!! Again, it might be worth dropping Cream an email to check.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for details of our meetup in the arena, we had quite a good turnout last year so hopefully it'll be the same this year.

They didn't check the bottles of coke/7up etc last year when i was at the security point so u should be able to mix a few bottles before you go :drinks: also clear spirits can easily be hidden in water bottles

Edited by 5tevieB

Welcome to the forum! If you are looking for a few extra pals to hang out with for good banter and for extra safety then you are welcome to hang with us! Me and my mate will be bringing our girlfriends if you are looking for some more females to have a laugh with! We're a group coming down from Edinburgh and we are first timers as well so we are looking to make some pals!

Also in terms of food I believe bringing plenty of snacks is a good shout as the prices are apparently quite high in the fest itself. I've heard of some people bringing some supplements like vitamins etc to keep their energy up whilst raving if you have concerns about keeping your intake balanced then I'd recommend that as well.

Edited by Spartan

Thanks for the advice 5tebieB, :)

Spartan, that sounds like a good idea! :) we would happily meet up with people and it would be nice to have a few extra people around as you said, for a bit of banter and extra safety. Maybe exchange mobile numbers nearer the time?

And as far as food I think we're aiming to bring snack type foods such as Pringles, cereal bars etc and maybe a few pre-made sandwiches :) xx

If you want to join up with others off here from previous years they have a FB page. Search 'Camp Sheen' and introduce yourselves. Goo opportunity to meet people and even join their camp if you want. If not i'll see you all at the meetup in the Arena (details coming soon!!)

After doing a few festivals one thing that i would recommend is berocca or something similar. These will help you keep going through the LONG partying sessions. I Started at 10:30 last year on the sat and didn't get back to the tent till sometime after 3 in the morning (Still dont know how i got back to the tent :scratchhead:) On the sunday i was totaly wreaked but still soldiered on. A few berocca's would of made all the diff on the sunday.

After doing a few festivals one thing that i would recommend is berocca or something similar. These will help you keep going through the LONG partying sessions. I Started at 10:30 last year on the sat and didn't get back to the tent till sometime after 3 in the morning (Still dont know how i got back to the tent :scratchhead:) On the sunday i was totaly wreaked but still soldiered on. A few berocca's would of made all the diff on the sunday.

Ill throw my two cents in as I have been to many a festival and creamfields last four years.

With regards to bringing drinks in, 1 crate and 1 bottle of spirits, for the first 3 years we used to each max our limits, reality is its bloody heavy and we never went through the drinks as you can't take them into the arena. Personally we go to see as many acts and chill out in the arena so we always drink a few cans and a few jager bombs and then buy drinks inside the arena.

1 Piece of advise for packing....pack your bag for the first time, then take out half of what you have packed you will not use it or need it.

My top 5 items:

Ear plugs - I got abused for taking these to Glasto last year after the first night of lending a packet of the 50 i bought to my matse - I was showered in beer for the best item packed.

Wet wipes - standard

Black bags - waterproofing, rubbish, storage, sun shield, seating - you name it they do it

Self inflatable matress - i bought a cheap one for £12 from amazon that is smaller than my sleeping bag, keeps you comfy and warm from the floor

Cash - theres 2 months to go, save that bit extra for food and beer. I mean your spending £125 for a ticket, yes things are expensive (although cheap if you live in london) last thing you want to go is go hungry or ponder whether you can afford another beer, it will make the experience a lot better.

Have fun!

We never thought of anything like Vit-c's but that's actually a really good idea! We mentioned paracetamol etc but berroca etc would probably be a god send so thanks for the advice!

We did also think about ear plugs and wet wipes but bin liners hadn't crossed our mind! Brilliant idea as they are so lightweight and saves bringing ten different items such as chairs etc. thank you so much for the advice. And yeah, the Saving has begun! :D

Also, its just as important what you do bring as what you don't. The amount of folk I've known who have lost house keys, ipods etc. I mean why take an ipod to a MUSIC festival?! Try and leave house keys in your car and use one of the secure lockers in the arena.

I also take a cheap phone and transfer my sim into it. You don't want to loose your iphone. If you loose a £10 phone it doesn't really matter. Also with cheap phones the battery lasts 10X longer than any smart phone

Yeah we were thinking that also, we both have expensive phones so just gonna get a ceap ten pound one from asda to take if we need it. Also gonna leave keys at home the only thing were worried about is the car key!! We won't be bringing iPods or anything that we aren't prepared to lose :D

I think the thing we are mostly worried about is the drive up there as we live on the south coast so it's far to go but we should be okay :) xxx

Yeah we were thinking that also, we both have expensive phones so just gonna get a ceap ten pound one from asda to take if we need it. Also gonna leave keys at home the only thing were worried about is the car key!! We won't be bringing iPods or anything that we aren't prepared to lose :D

I think the thing we are mostly worried about is the drive up there as we live on the south coast so it's far to go but we should be okay :) xxx