tips, pointers, guides, experience....

Guest cejx

Don't be one of those people who come on here on the monday after the festival slagging it off cos it isnt as good as Glastonbury and Glastonbury is so good that you cant enjoy any other festival.

err, a little premature with your comments there. Your berating would have been justified had I actually 'slagged' off DL. Funny, having asked for some general tips from seasoned Download attendees, you are the only poster to have supplied pointless comments.

Neilloggie - thanks for the walk info as that is the greatest ballache at Glastonbury! The arena thing is the biggest ballache of all the other UK festivals! :-) xx

If i had a penny for eveytime i have heard a girl say that :lol:

Seriously i find Download has the one of the best atmospheres out of all the festivals, i am sure you will love it.

Also if it rains it gets nowhere near as muddy as Glastonbury apart from the entrance to the village and the top entrance to the camping.

Download is a lot more commercial and some of the food stalls can be quite pricey one curry stall charged £7.50 last year same stall 2 weeks later at Glasto in the green fields £4.

You can haggle at most of the market stalls if you see anything you fancy especially on Sunday when they don't want to take things home.

Beer is roughly the same price.

Apart from that it's the same as being anywhere else and you just need to keep your wits about you.

Have you booked a locker? as they are excellent for keeping valuables and it comes with a car charger socket to charge phones etc.

Haven't yet, but seems a good plan. will get on it. got my tickets last night - and am now just waiting for my guest pass tickets, then good to go! Camping is my main point of concern and where exactly we should!

oh - and leaving booze in the car? we can go back and top up if need be?

I was reading with interest yesterday the tips and recommendations on the dl forum which were quite interesting. They were ones based on learning from experience.

I think my tip is definitely not to ruin yourself for the festival by drinking too much. Every year it's the same though. :D Hair of the dog usually sorts it... eventually. :D

Edited by biffoire

I was reading with interest yesterday the tips and recommendations on the dl forum which were quite interesting. They were ones based on learning from experience.

I think my tip is definitely not to ruin yourself for the festival by drinking too much. Every year it's the same though. :D Hair of the dog usually sorts it... eventually. :D

getting w*nkered fri sat and sun goes without saying. I'm on about getting properly fucked before the fest even starts. Really ruining yourself for the first day. :D:D:D

Arriving at the Leeds festival on the Thursday was a huge error. A really big mistake. :D