Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

Well, I think we have at least one main stage headliner to go? Oh please let it not be Florence - she may be a new young sweetheart of Europe, but that doesn't stop her being dire! ;) (The trouble is that the word 'sweetheart' does seem to suggest a female, rather than a male, artist :( )

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think we have at least one main stage headliner to go? Oh please let it not be Florence - she may be a new young sweetheart of Europe, but that doesn't stop her being dire! ;) (The trouble is that the word 'sweetheart' does seem to suggest a female, rather than a male, artist :( )

its already been confirmed that the stone roses are saturday night headliners, plus theyre also an old band? and tbh i dont think it would be flourence, i hope not anyway! ive come to this festival to try n get away from her, shes alraedy taken up a spot at T in the park, i didnt want to do beni as she was a headliner there so she best not follow me here!

the thought of manson crossed my mind when lacuna coil self confirmed, i cant see him headlineing i wouldnt say no to him having an ordinary slot, but ive heard shocking things about his festival appearences over the past 8years, my friends dont like him either, would much rather have a decent band on, even if theyre not a massive name as long as their decent and i know them

oh i havnt seen the updated website yet :P so theres 1 more band to be added main stage to thursday+friday and 2 more for saturday :)

flourence would be a weak + cheep booking, shes a sub headliner at best, she is headlineing beni though but naaa dont want her there at all

Edited by Dreher

Hey all, we are arriving in budapest on the sunday 5th, Im presuming we can start camping from the 6th is this correct? and also we are thinking of going vip has anyone been vip before i presume you can still mix it with non vip? Cristall the shop that sells the camping stuff do you have a name for it? Im going to try research where to go 1st thing on the monday morning to buy our camping stuff rather than lump it across from the uk

regards thanks your help

Hey all, we are arriving in budapest on the sunday 5th, Im presuming we can start camping from the 6th is this correct? and also we are thinking of going vip has anyone been vip before i presume you can still mix it with non vip? Cristall the shop that sells the camping stuff do you have a name for it? Im going to try research where to go 1st thing on the monday morning to buy our camping stuff rather than lump it across from the uk

regards thanks your help

regards thanks your help

Edited by Cristall

ahh good stuff, glad i know where this superstore is now! i know your not allowed to take alcohol into the campsite but foods ok aint it?

and yeah she looks like a shitter version of lily allen! id rather have flourence than her at least id recognise a few songs! would much rather have someone/anyone else!

No, Björk seems very unlikely. She'll perform in Oslo on the 9th and in Helsinki on the 12th (source), while she usually takes some rest between her gigs.

Also she's already in the line-up of Balaton Sound, another Hungarian festival by the Sziget organisers. Usually international acts don't perform on more than one of their festivals.

Just done a quick wiki search, as I'd heard the name but nothing else........ From what I'm reading, I'd say that she sounds like a black haired variant on Florence (and therefore, unfortunately, another candidate for 'sweetheart of European music' :( ) and not what I'd call headline material - more like mid afternoon at Hop Farm or somming :nea: Oh dear, I so hope not!

she supported radiohead a few years back and, tbh, bored the tits off me.

another wailing bint along the lines of florence.

i daresay her music has great artistic content and all that but it's just not for me.

Exactly! ;) We had the 'pleasure' of watching Florence once at a festival a couple of years back because she was on before someone we really wanted to see (though can't remember now who it was...) - yaaaaaaawwwwnnnn! :boredom: I know that that sort of thing is dead trendy at the moment - but we just find it really pretentious!

my quote about Bjork was just a purely random guess as some people mentioned her on other forums and were saying how great she was live, and i dont mind her songs and prefer her to the other 2, shes abit marmite but i like that

im excited for the next announcement as im sure we will get most of the main stage polished off with it as their aint that many left to announce, think theyve been announcing around the 25th of each month so far

my quote about Bjork was just a purely random guess as some people mentioned her on other forums and were saying how great she was live, and i dont mind her songs and prefer her to the other 2, shes abit marmite but i like that