OFFICIAL CAR/LIFTSHARE POST

Guest perfectpassion

Not wanting to be rude...but it would make more sense if anyone wanting to post re travel did it on ONE thread :rolleyes:

Please use this thread to post your car shares, lifts wanted etc.

"A tidy forum is a happy forum"

MANY THANKS

Edited by perfectpassion

I was just browsing this forum for this exact thread, sublime timing!

Does anyone travelling down from Liverpool/Wirral/Chester/North-West area have space for two average size bodies? We can provide petrol money, reasonable conversation and nice curls.

Been let down fairly last minute by our original lift.

Any help most appreciated, thanks!

Stu

Hello all,

I realise this is a little late due to me getting a last minute ticket, however, I'm offering/seeking a lift to EOTR.

I'm setting off from between halifax and bradford however I am willing to pick up on the way - anyone in the Yorkshire region or along the M1.

Please let me know if you're interested ASAP, phone: 07999 295683, email: nj_sykes@btinternet.com

Thanks!

Nic

Hey Stu,

I've just google mapped my route and have realised that I can travel via the M6 and it is exactly the same distance and time. This means I'll be heading near liverpool and chester etc. Where abouts exactly are you based? I can fit two of you plus luggage in comfortably as it's an estate car.

Cheers,

Nic

Hey Stu,

I've just google mapped my route and have realised that I can travel via the M6 and it is exactly the same distance and time. This means I'll be heading near liverpool and chester etc. Where abouts exactly are you based? I can fit two of you plus luggage in comfortably as it's an estate car.

Cheers,

Nic

I have started a seperate thread, but will duplicate my request here, and let the other one drop down (I couldn't work out how to delete it).

I'm looking for a lift from Manchester, ideally for the Thursday, and one to return on the Monday. I'm on my own, and meeting friends there. I won't have masses of stuff because in my head I'm packing for a train. I'm willing to be flexible with timings and places for pickups.

I have started a seperate thread, but will duplicate my request here, and let the other one drop down (I couldn't work out how to delete it).

I'm looking for a lift from Manchester, ideally for the Thursday, and one to return on the Monday. I'm on my own, and meeting friends there. I won't have masses of stuff because in my head I'm packing for a train. I'm willing to be flexible with timings and places for pickups.

I started a thread before i saw this. Apologies for that.

Anyway I'm driving down from Birmingham on Thursday morning (back Monday morning) in a small, fairly rubbish car (so 2 extra people max i reckon)and if people want to get in on a lift then let me know. Don't mind going m5 or m40 so anywhere in central/west england is fine.

christopher_harris@hotmail.co.uk or just reply on here

cheers,

Chris

Hey Lef,

I have offered two seats to Stu en route to EOTR. I have a spacious estate car with plenty of room for gear so there will be plenty of space for you too. I am planning to go down the M62 and then M6 which means I would pass Manchester. Not sure where the best pick up point would be yet. Look at the thread with Stu for my estimated times but are very rough at the moment. Will definitely be setting off Thurs and back Mon. I just ask to split petrol costs :)

Sound any good?

Nic

Stu,

No worries. I plan on travelling down earlyish Thursday (set off approx. 10am and with you about 11am)- aiming to get down for around 3pm and coming back Monday - setting off back as soon as recovered and fit to drive approx. 11am. That sound any good? Maybe Warrington would be a good pick up point? or anywhere near the M6 which is good for you and easy access?

Cheers

That sounds fantastic, if it's workable and there's space. Your timings are entirely suitable. The best plan I can think of is if I can convince a wonderful friend to give me a lift to a service station on the M6, which might be possible. Or if Warrington is settled upon I can get to the train station there very easily. I don't know Warrington at all, so I have no idea if it's a reasonable stop off though.

And I'm very happy to pay petrol costs, of course.

Hello. My boyfriend and I will be travelling down from Bolton to the festival on thursday, returning monday. And will have room for a couple of extra people in the car. So get in touch if you'd like a lift and we'll split petrol costs.

ps He's Richard on the Liftshare site

Edited by natto

Hi Nic Tear, that all sounds so far so good, and will send a text later to confirm.

Except that NATTO - you're coming from Bolton, Nic Tear from Halifax, and me from Manchester. Could we all join this up to save us all lots of petrol money? For example, change the pick up point to Bolton station (which is equally easy for me to get to as Warrington, although I know it even less), and pick you both up on the way? Or alternatively, Nic Tear not drive, and we both go with you and your boyfriend from Bolton?