Solfest or Galtres

Guest Perks

Am wanting to attend one of the above, but have no idea about either really...Solfest is winning at the minute, but Galtres has the Levellers.....wish I could do both!

Any help appreciated :)

I think Solfest is stunning, the location is amazing [mountains on either side] and the festival as a whole is always excellent... Galtres does however have silly amounts of ale and the Levellers...

If I were festivalling that weekend it would be Solfest for me!!

I have to admit it is a tough decision. As Flip says the beer at Galtres is amazing (and relatively cheap for festival prices), and a pretty good line up this year. However the arena does close at around 2am, and no fires. Solfest has a lovely site, and a couple of decent beers. Good dance tent and a decent line up. Arena open 24hours and loads to keep you busy into the wee hours, you can camp next to your car and have fires :) (there is a place you can camp with your car at Galtres but it is a couple of miles away)

I would favour Solfest if you can only do one this year, but definately go to Galtres next year :)

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Yeah am thinking solfest, from what i've read on the website and that, it's appealing to me. love the idea of pitching by the car, must be one of the last fests to offer this still?? plus the Damned, The Saw Doctors, 3 daft Monkeys, Stranglers, Cast, thats a pretty strong line up.....and bring your own beer :D

Would love to do both, but there the same weekend arent they.

Thanks for the help - one last question, I cant get me tickets till next payday, does Solfest generally still have them available mid august? if not am going to have see the old man for a lend!! :)

Thanks elfweirigan, yeah gonna get a lend and get this booked the weekend, the more I look at it on the web and stuff the more I am into it. awesome. thanks again peoples :)