There is a strangee amount of negativity about Glastonbury

Guest Redwinevino

I can't understand why I had more fun this year than I have at any other festival I have been to which includes Glastonbury '09 and '10 and foreign ones like Roskidle and Pukkelpop.

It's what you make it and the mud wasn't that bad anyway, anyone I seen fall was helped up and it made a nice sense of community.

All 5 people I went with loved it, so if it really was that bad camp with me next time and have the time of your life.

Not really, it is the same every year, everyone comes back, moans about the rubbish, the bits they didn't like and the people they didn't like for a few days then the post-festival blues clear and they all cheer up and disappear for months.

There are some issues of interest to discuss, all the same. Some people consider discussion to mean argument.

I never thought i would say this but i feel a certain degree of negativity towards what the festival has become.

I've been to the Festival many, many times, but for the last couple of years circumstances have meant i had to sit it out.. I have to say, much as i adore this festival i'm finding it hard to get my head around Beyonce & the invasion of celebrity culture.

I watched with my girlfriend who has never been & was trying to explain how wonderful it is - I felt embarrassed, to her it appeared barely distinguishable from Radio 1s big day out.

Obviously there is more to the festival than what we see on TV but things have changed at Glastonbury Festival, and not for the better. I love it more than anything but am not entirely sure if i want to be a part of it any more...

Edited by matporter

I think it is what you make it really. Yes there were some rubbish bits, but there's bound to be over 5 days. You don;t spend every moment of every day being blissfully happy do you? Plus as lovely as the festival is, it's not perfect as it's run by humans who naturally make mistakes some of the time. You can't expect things to be completely perfect in every way.

Weatherwise it was a challenge (would have preferred either lots of rain OR a heatwave, felt a bit like being attacked from both sides so to speak), but it was all a matter of preparation I think.

Edited by sisterofmercy

Not really, it is the same every year, everyone comes back, moans about the rubbish, the bits they didn't like and the people they didn't like for a few days then the post-festival blues clear and they all cheer up and disappear for months.

There are some issues of interest to discuss, all the same. Some people consider discussion to mean argument.