Wedding Anniversary ideas

Guest pie_and_a_pint

Mr P&aP got married last June, but for a number of reasons he didn't go to Glastonbury last year (yes, I honeymooned without my husband... :( ) Our first wedding anniversary is next week but we're actually going to be at a wedding, and then with work etc we won't have time to do anything special to celebrate before Glastonbury.

So I was wondering if people had any bright ideas for something I could do that might be a nice surprise anniversary present for him? For example, has anyone had good experiences in Malinkeys or smiliar 'proper' restuarants, and does anyone know if you can book? Or can anyone recommend a craft stall where I could make a gift? Or anything else? I'm a bit stumped tbh so all ideas are very welcome!!

Thanks

x

Hi, congratulations first off! its our wedding anniversary over glasto week aswell and for the last few years we make a point of not getting cards and pressies off each other unitl were at glasto then we have a 'challange' to see who can come up with the best card and pressie. For the last two years we've ended up buying the same card for each other (not intentionally). If its your first anniversary its 'paper' so why not do something crafty and make him something out the Q daily (or wahtever its called this year?!)or make a paper mache bowl?. Each year depending on what 'anniversary' it is we try and get something made from that - bought hubby an 'iron' candle stick from the forge up in greenfields for our 6th (iron) anniversary. its our 9th 'pottery' this year so that should be easy enough - might have to throw a vase or something.(not at him obviously! though it is tempting.......)

Have a midnight picnic sat up under the flags near the park and just watch the site, cant get much more romantic than that....

The addition of a friend into your lovemaking is always going to be remembered as a special treat. Plus he'll remember it for the rest of his life any other present will be forgotten about by the time your next anniversary comes around.

If you decide that a girly show for him is not the route you want to go down (but if you love him it should be) then yes Malinkeys is nice and I think they even sell proper bottles of champagne

The traditional gift is actually cotton, paper is the US one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary

For the 1st anniversary I had a card made by Moonpig with his favourite photo of us on our wedding day. I have since carried on this theme, now selecting favourite glasto photos instead!

So perhaps embrace the US tradition and make him or each other some paper flowers in the Greenfields. Or you may find something using cotton?

It is our 5th anniversary on 24 June this year, married in the fallow year of 2006. looks like I can pick some daisys as that is the flower for 5 years!!

Next year is going to be an all time low , no Glasto or wedding!!

Happy anniversary to you both! :)

The traditional gift is actually cotton, paper is the US one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary

For the 1st anniversary I had a card made by Moonpig with his favourite photo of us on our wedding day. I have since carried on this theme, now selecting favourite glasto photos instead!

So perhaps embrace the US tradition and make him or each other some paper flowers in the Greenfields. Or you may find something using cotton?

It is our 5th anniversary on 24 June this year, married in the fallow year of 2006. looks like I can pick some daisys as that is the flower for 5 years!!

Next year is going to be an all time low , no Glasto or wedding!!

Happy anniversary to you both! :)