Coach tickets, anybody recieved one yet?

Guest acripaul

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an email option would have been nice that we couldve printed at our leisure.

Seems everyone is in the same boat then - looking forward to seeing when we get the first instance of someone getting theirs.

Is it still going to be the ludicrously inflexible DX couriers service (awful for people who cannot get things delivered to work addresses)

If its just Royal mail posting through the letterbox, that would be more convenient, but I would be furious to be paying £4.95 for the priviledge!

I have an issue with the ID thing - I've got married since I registered so my name doesnt match - wasnt bothered when I was trying to get a regular ticket as you dont need ID, just a matching face - but if they want ID on the coach I have a problem.

have been in protracted email exchange with moron from See Tickets for several weeks, who just keeps saying "bring some valid ID that matches the ticket" to which I explain (several times over) I dont have valid ID that matches the ticket - I have invalid out of date ID, but nothing valid and nothing with a picture. Also tells me to bring the card that I paid with - since my friend who isnt coming is the one that got through and so bought the ticket for me has the card that was used to paid that's not really an option either.

Good to know that the vast amounts of "transaction fees" we are paying are contributing to such an organised, well run ticket agency :rolleyes:

How much stuff is everyone taking on the coach? One of the reasons I love Glasto is that you can take your own beer onto the site and it makes it so much cheaper. I wanna take 3 No boxes with 12 cans in each box. Am I gonna end up leaving it on the side of the road!!!??

Just to say coach tickets arrived today, glad there was someone at home to sign for them...was getting slightly worried as received festival tickets 3 weeks ago...Phew...Now to sort other priority out.....lots of GIN :D

Hello everyone!!!

I was also in this same boat about not receiving coach tickets. I am from Australia and leave here in 9 days, therefore was a little stressed on Monday seeing as my tickets hadnt been dispatched. So numerous times I called up and spoke to seetickets, in which on all occasions gave me different answers as to what was going on!

So the deal is, apparently there has been a problem with dispatching coach tickets, im not sure if this is for everyone or just internationally. But we later received an email saying it would be fine to pick up our tickets on arrival to the coach. All you need to do is print out the confirmation email that says your reference number and show some sort of ID to prove you are the buyer (Even a bank statement to be safe). Maybe call up Seetickets and ask how far off they are, especially if youre in an awkward position like myself. Or even if you would prefer to pick them up on arrival, this may be easier? Also it says once we have departed, the driver will hand us our entry tickets on arrival. :)

Hope this helps some of you!

My order tracker status has updated to this:

Tickets have been despatched from our offices to the address provided.

Your track and trace number is ****************

To track your order go to www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track

Your tickets were prepared for dispatch on 08 Jun 2011. Tickets will typically leave our office the following working day

So no stupid DX couriers for me - hurrah! Hope you do still have to sign for them or else my £5 postage fee is looking like a bit of a rip off.

Still no response from See over the confusion with my name not being on the ticket. Hopefully it will be okay - from others experience on the coaches, the drivers arent really too fussed about ID

My are also dispatched:

Tickets have been despatched from our offices to the address provided.

Your track and trace number is ***********

To track your order go to www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track

Your tickets were prepared for dispatch on 08 Jun 2011. Tickets will typically leave our office the following working day.

Whoooooo Hooooo!!! I am so happy now. I am also gonna get to the coach at least half hour before departure time and take all my stuff with fingers crossed. I haven't heard any horror stories yet about people having to leave stuff. I think I read in one thread that some people had to sit with stuff on their knees though cause there was no more room in storage. Which is fine with me.

I might actually have tickets by the weekend - hee hee hee hee heeeeee! :D

Received mine this morning via Royal Mail Special Delivery (not DX as promised previously).

Any way, I can breathe a bit easier at last - just the entry ticket to worry about now.

Getting just a bit too excited...

Whoo hoo hooo!

Edited by Eggybread