The Order of Things......

Guest worm

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're three dictionary definitions saying that -dia refers to through and/or across. So what?

so what? So the fact that it says nothing like you claim is meaningless?

Great academic skills you have. I wonder when "making it up out of nothing" became the hight of academic method? :lol:

Now go off and look for the lexical and etymological roots of -dia and dialogue. You'll see that it came from duo, as I've said, and ended up being applied to logue to mean an interaction between two narrative strains.

I've looked it up. "dia" is the Greek for "across" or "through", and absolutely f**k all to do with "duo". I'm loving your academic discipline. :lol:

No, it means a two-dimensional drawing. Just as a dialogue means a two-dimensional narrative.

Just as the two dimensions interact, so the two narrative strains interact.

PMSL. :lol::lol:

"gram" is a record of something, in words or drawing. "diagram" is a record that is put down on paper for the purposes of getting it *across* to someone else other than the recorder. It's f**k all to do with two dimensions.

Is there any limit to the amount of winging it you'll do? :lol::lol:

diameter - the distance across the same circle twice.

No, it refers to the distance across TWO points.

diabetic - two people with kidney problems.

No, it refers to the passing through of urine.

diabolical - two awful things.

Not applicable. It refers to diablo, meaning devil.

diagnose - two examinations.

No, it means using symptoms (-dia) to learn (-gnosis) of the disease.

Dialogue - the narrative between two or more characters

---------------------------------

dia- 

a prefix occurring in loanwords from Greek ( diabetes; dialect ) and used, in the formation of compound words, to mean “passing through” ( diathermy ), “thoroughly,” “completely” ( diagnosis ), “going apart” ( dialysis ), and “opposed in moment” ( diamagnetism ).

Also, especially before a vowel , di-.

Origin:

< Greek, combining form representing diá (preposition) through, between, across, by, of, akin to dýo two and di- di-

Nope.

A soliloquy is comprised of the internal thoughts of a character much like a lament, though a lament is more often spoken out aloud.

So after all that, you now say that soliloquy is nothing like a monologue, so can't have been it's literally predecessor as you said it was. Another wing-nut. :lol:

And of course a monologue has a speaker and a listener. That - from your words about diagram - makes it a dialogue and not a monologue. Another wing-nut. :lol:

The wing-nut count is now at about 40 in this thread (I should have kept proper count really). But you're not winging it and posting on the basis of gross stupidity, oh no. :lol::lol:

You've spouted a load of wrong shit about -dia owing completely to your lack of knowledge and understanding of language, using irrelevant quotes to justify your argument. And you call me the troll.

what I've done I've done in the full knowledge of what I'm doing. :)

Shame the same doesn't apply to your own posts. :lol::lol:

Because, btw, you're still completely wrong about 'dia' - literally wrong. :)

That's exactly right.

Except it's not. Literally wrong, yet again. :)

Wing-nut. :lol::lol:

Which are in reverse order: Two points, the interaction between two points, and the narrative made up of two narrative strains.

Except of course nothing about "dia" means "two". :rolleyes:

Even you can't make up your mind about it. First it did, then it didn't, now it does again.

But you're not winging it with ignorance, oh no. :lol::lol::lol: