2nd Division Festival!

Guest Sickboy74

If I was organising I would have went with one of the following instead of MCR to shift tickets:

Green Day

Foos

Beastie Boys

The Prodigy

REM

Daft Punk

Yes, not all of them would've been available, but still, one fo them must be. That's just headliners I can think of off the top of my head. There are literally a bunch of superior potential sub headliners. I don't know why it's so poor this year. I can't understand why they've optioned for MCR. It doesn't make sense to me.

Festivals around the world like Coachella, which is considered to have a weak line-up this year, totally shits over this Reading lineup.

I disagree you cant compare with t. While the line ups are different they both tend to go for indie or rock headliners. When the three t headliners are more popular than our 3 headliners then I think its fair to be critical about the size of the headliners. I have been for the last ten years and now its quite common for me to think our headliners wouldnt look out of place one place down the bill.

No festival has a consistently good line up year after year. It just doesn't happen, some years are better than others. The general consensus is this years is poorer than other fests but last years was alot better than others. It's a very tough game running a festival and although perhaps this years line up isn't to everyones taste next years could potentially be amazing. We'll just have to wait and see.

You know I can understand if people complain that they don;t like the bands, but why give a shit about stuff like 'exclusivity' how does that affect your enjoyment?,

If it turned out that Kurt Cobain is not really dead and Nirvana returned for a triumphant headline set at Leeds would you stand there and think "Yeah this is good, but they are also playing Bestival next week so that spoils it for me."?

As far as I'm concerned headliner wise I'm going to a festival headlined by The Horrors, Strokes/Pulp and Muse doing an Origin of Symmetry/best of set. That sounds f**king fantastic to me, and I couldn't give a shit if they are 'exclusive' or not.

Edited by fuzzylogic

My Chemical Romance shifted almost an entire generation of youth onto their type of music, one of the best underground bands before their explosion onto the world scene. Yeah they won't see much love on this forum but, believe it or not, they will draw a crowd and have done enough to warrent a Headlining spot.