Day Ticket - Leaving Festival?

Guest The60ftOctopus

Thinking of getting a day ticket if the rumour of Muse playing is true (which it most probably will be) and i'm just wondering if it's easy enough to leave the festival after the gig? Do they have any extra or extended transport services? Is the rush crazy? Any knowledge or tips would be appreciated.

It takes about 20-30 mins to get out of the site at the end of the day if you leave with everyone else. Other than putting on later trains I don''t think there's any extended transport services, there aren't any buses shuttling people to the train station or anything like that.

If you come out of the Richfield Avenue exit Reading Station is about 20 mins walk, although that's on a clear road. If there are a lot of people trudging along you'll obviously be held up. Reading West station is a bit closer but that's only serviced by one line so I don't know how many trains will be going through there at that time of night.

Basically I'd say from when the band finish I'd allocate an hour to get to Reading station. I can't help you once you get to the station I'm afraid, I don't know if they put extra trains on or how busy it gets.