The Strokes added to Oxegen line up

Guest Guckeery

R&L is going to have to pull out some pretty special subs/thirds/tent headliners to avoid looking like T and Oxegen minus their headliners.

Still at least we don't get shit like Black Eye Peas, the Script or Paolo Nutini.

Edited by mrtourette

line ups good but festival it self is rubbish

went last year and it was just lame

security guards to strict

i got searched for running :P wouldnt let people on shoulders and if you didnt get down they woudl cut off wrist band apparently

crowds where crap too

line ups good but festival it self is rubbish

went last year and it was just lame

security guards to strict

i got searched for running :P wouldnt let people on shoulders and if you didnt get down they woudl cut off wrist band apparently

crowds where crap too

They have two of our headliners subbing... MCR i can understand as they fit the R/L demograph more than oxegen/titp, but i wouldn't have said that is the case for the strokes.

Saying that, I think a strokes headline set would be a lot better than a strokes subbing set.

I'd expect a few exclusive acts as the 2nd/3rd/tent headliners to make sure that it isnt too much like titp/oxegen.

They appear to have pulled-out. Now I know Travis can't fly anymore, but wouldn't that rule out TITP the same weekend? I hope to god they do pull out and we (T) get The Strokes. I'll be more than depressed if we don't get them but they're beginning to look like a UK exclusive for R/L :angry:

It does look bad if you compare the headliners and subs, but TITP and Oxygen seem to have pretty poor undercards so a strong R&L line-up with heavier acts would save the day and back up the "R&L is a different type of festival with different people attending so MCR will be popular enough to headline" argument.

If they can pull out bands that aren't playing any other major festivals (Soundgarden, The Offspring, Deftones, Iggy, Alice In Chains, etc.) rather than the same bands that are on the undercard at TITP and Oxegen then it makes a statement that R&L is a different type of festival.

Edited by mrtourette