Losing interest

Guest denwyn

If your musical tastes lean toward the Green Man type bands, which I assume they do, you will love Green Man. We have been the last couple of years and it is a beautiful intimate compact site. Iron & Wine this year too which should be excellent on that stage. You really come away with a feeling that you have shared a moment with the bands as it is so intimate a venue.

I have become a little jaded with Glasto truth be told and wasn't sure I would make it this year. To be honest a lot of people saying 'oh it's so much more than ..' probably haven't been going that long. Once you pass the ten years of going some things wear a little thin and do not make up for the frankly rediculous cost (aimed at all big festivals in this country not just Glasto). As usual though friends and family bring me round as it has now become a social event with my circle of friends/family and I always thoroughly enjoy it once I'm there and it's all been paid for.

Hope the Welsh weather gods are kind to you that week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since seeing the line up second thoughts have set in again, its not very inspiring for me, some i would like to see,but on the whole i can't see enough to justify the total ammount 3 days in a field is going to cost, £200+ for ticket and car park,£60 new tent, £150 +spends. I have had good times there and think now its time i called it a day,i think i have untill May 6th to get a refund but am more or less certain i will be on the pone to See sometime next week checking on a refund.

I think sometimes people need a break. My girlfriend, brother and I went for several years in a row, totally loving it but then after the 2nd completely flooded year in a row, think it was 2007 or 08, when we were packing our tent away at 6am on monday with sideways rain blasting into our cold sopping wet bodies that we got the feeling we couldn't be bothered with that anymore. Had a few years doing different festies but now we're totally stoked and excited to be going back.

:D

I think sometimes people need a break. My girlfriend, brother and I went for several years in a row, totally loving it but then after the 2nd completely flooded year in a row, think it was 2007 or 08, when we were packing our tent away at 6am on monday with sideways rain blasting into our cold sopping wet bodies that we got the feeling we couldn't be bothered with that anymore. Had a few years doing different festies but now we're totally stoked and excited to be going back.