WAKESTOCK 2011

Guest dogflud

• 3 weeks later...

Have looked at the Wakestock website and it looks great. We have not been before and fancied doing something different before. We had decided to give the huge festivals a miss this year and were thinking about just doing a weekend camping by the sea... this seems to combine the best of both worlds.

Any tips from Wakestock veterans appreciated!!! Would it be worth bringing beach gear and body boards? Can you get some time in the waves during the day and bands evening and night?

• 2 weeks later...

Have looked at the Wakestock website and it looks great. We have not been before and fancied doing something different before. We had decided to give the huge festivals a miss this year and were thinking about just doing a weekend camping by the sea... this seems to combine the best of both worlds.

Any tips from Wakestock veterans appreciated!!! Would it be worth bringing beach gear and body boards? Can you get some time in the waves during the day and bands evening and night?

Yeah I'm going. It's going to be sickkkk.

Also you can use this code when buying tickets to get you the chance to win VIP and some free stuff too. Though I'd share the love with you other wakestock enthusiasts :)

HK22J4

See you all there!

Yeah I'm going. It's going to be sickkkk.

Also you can use this code when buying tickets to get you the chance to win VIP and some free stuff too. Though I'd share the love with you other wakestock enthusiasts :)

HK22J4

See you all there!

hi : )

i'm thinking about going to wakestock this year with about 6 of my friends & i just have a few questions if anyone could be kind enough to answer;

firstly, how old are the people that go? from what i've heard it's all 16 year olds there, we're 18/19.

are the people generally friendly or?

what's the atmosphere like? i've been to glastonbury, leeds & v festival & i know it's going to be a heck of alot different but i'm just wondering how : )

how much are we looking at spending besides our ticket price, petrol, carpart, ect so things such as bus journeys, food, alcohol, entertainment, etc?

when is it likely to sell out?

& finally, how many 'bigger' bands could i expect to be on & from what time of day until when? what happens when they've finished?

thanks in advance : D

x

I'm the same as you Going for the first time and not knowing a lot. I'm 29 though so I maybe the oldie there!!!

Bands seem to finish a little later than normal, I.e 1 am ish.

For the lineup you could look at previous years for an idea, but so far Biffy Clyro, Ellie Goulding, Chase and Status, The Wombats and Example. Expect a few more names around the sort of size of The Vaccines, bombay bycicle club jessie j etc...

They did say that tckets were sellog quickly but... Guess try would say that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever been before????

They released the provisional line up and the headliners for 3 different stages on the Friday are Ellie Goulding, Chase and Status and Nero. Now my question is will these all clash?? Or do some stages finish later than others?

Thanks