Hurricane Festival 2011

Guest Janesays

Myself and 3 girlfriends just booked our tickets for Hurricane Festival 2011 - coming over from Ireland and cannot wait!

Last year's lineup looks fantastic and we are looking forward to getting out of Ireland and checking out the German Festival scene!

Anyone else going?

Any tips from those who have been before?

We are doing the campervan thing...if anyone has any tips, much appreciated!

Is there anyone rumoured to play Hurricane 2011 as of yet?

~ Janesays ~

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and 3 girlfriends just booked our tickets for Hurricane Festival 2011 - coming over from Ireland and cannot wait!

Last year's lineup looks fantastic and we are looking forward to getting out of Ireland and checking out the German Festival scene!

Anyone else going?

Any tips from those who have been before?

We are doing the campervan thing...if anyone has any tips, much appreciated!

Is there anyone rumoured to play Hurricane 2011 as of yet?

~ Janesays ~

Went this year with a couple of friends, really had a good time there. Most probably would consider it again for next year

For a big festival it's very well organised, the atmosphere was good as well and plenty of good bands to see.

Any tips, would be that if you speak german it will defo help!! Even though you should be fine if you stick to english

Yet there are no rumours.....Foo Fighters are touring Europe at that time and they played this festival before, so they should be a good bet as one of the headliners.

yerr I would classifty it as safe, especially compared to other big festivals.

I've never been to Oxegen but from what I read the campsite there is total disaster. So you most likely you will experience a safer atmosphere at Hurricane.

KOL played a couple of yrs ago Hurricane so maybe it's too soon to return, but you never know. I will keep you posed if I hear some rumours :)

yerr I would classifty it as safe, especially compared to other big festivals.

I've never been to Oxegen but from what I read the campsite there is total disaster. So you most likely you will experience a safer atmosphere at Hurricane.

KOL played a couple of yrs ago Hurricane so maybe it's too soon to return, but you never know. I will keep you posed if I hear some rumours :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of making the venture to Southside, not been to a German fest before but I've got loads of friends that have done Rock-am-Ring and love it. I hope it isn't Foo & KoL, because I've already bought my tix for IoW and would hate to see the exact same headliners a week later.

Anyone know when they typically announce Hurricane/Southside line-ups?

i'm at the southside festival since the beginning (2001). generally very laid back atmosphere. last year, the weather was horrible (2 degrees in the night). kings of leon won't play, but i'm shure foo fighters will headline hurricane/southside. the booker of the festival said last some months ago, he likes to have them at the festival if they are around in midjune... so I can really recommend the southside festival.

Hiya!

Blink 182 - have always wanted to see them actually, foo fighters are great too, so am happy enough!

KoL are absolutely a NO.

Friday will be an announcement? Where abouts can I read that?

Just saw Kasabian announced IOW - saw them last year at Oxegen - they were fab.

2degrees! In June??!?!?! Even our weather isn't that bad..... :unsure: Glad we in a campervan!

I think you'll have a great time. I've been to Hurricane a few times and it's always been a great mix of party and a more laid-back atmosphere at the camping ground. Never been with a campervan though, sounds kind of lame. ;)

Rumours:

(green=confirmed, red=won't play, white=possible)

http://www.hurricane.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19949

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me!

Cheers

The list is just for Hurricane.

Examples:

Coldplay is red because they're playing Rock am Ring hence won't play Hurricane.

Foo Fighters is white because they were mentioned at this year's press conference as a band they try to get and because they play Isle of Wight the week before Hurricane. Furthermore the Rock am Ring organizer MLK announced that the Foo Fighters won't play Rock am Ring.

Firs batch of bands:

Foo Fighters

Blink 182

The Chemical Brothers

The Wombats

Two Door Cinema Club

Sick Of It All

Parkway Drive

William Fitzsimmons

Friendly Fires

Darwin Deez

Converge

Comeback Kid

Kvelertak

Egotronic

Frittenbude

• 2 weeks later...

See you there then.

Decided I'd also give it a try.

Pretty happy myself with Parkway Drive (they're quite amazing live) and Sick of it All (same).

(: Blink and the Foo Fighters are also nice ofcourse.

Hope they add some fun names, last year they had a load of good ones.

Had to miss it because of exams sadly.

Wishlist: Rise Against (!)

Edited by iWhorror

• 2 weeks later...