divine comedy

Guest ampersand

what was the verdict then? anyone remember the setlist?

i saw him in edinburgh the night before and i must say i was really disappointed. started off well, but as soon as he picked up the guitar, it just killed it. poor setlist choice for me. interested to see if he did the same at bella.

want to hear ampersanddevils thoughts on it.

Hi Ben

The set was no where near as good as the previous Edinburgh show this year, I think I used the term excellent in a previous post, but on reflection I would say I was being over enthusiastic and still on a festie high. It was still very good though and one of my festival highlights.

The set list traversed the line between festival set and fan stuff pretty well, when I look at the song titles it looks like a set list full of sing along songs but the song choice may have been better for a few changes, perfect lovesong instead of bad ambassador. Come home billy bird instead of our mutual friend ect

Complete Banker

At the Indie Disco

I Like

A lady of a certain age

Our Mutual Friend

Bad Ambassador

National Express

Everybody Knows

Becoming More Like Alfie

My Lovely Horse

Songs of Love

Tonight We Fly

Popstars fear of the Pollen Count

MGMT Cover

And I was drunk so maybe missed a song or imagined that he played

Have you ever been in love

Charmed Life

you got my lovely horse? dick! :(

bad ambassador would have been good. we got one of the lesser known ones from regeneration.

did he get you to whistle to songs of love? i thought that ruined it in edinburgh cos the show in may it seemed more natural and the singing along was better :D

He did encourage whistling (I was sober and remember it well).

I thought the performance was great, and I had persuaded a number of members of our group to watch him. I was down at the front, and saw none of my group - I thought they had all deserted me. When I caught up with them at Amy Macdonald -they all enjoyed what they saw and wished they had stayed for the complete set (damn child minding duties...).

I'll take that as a win...

Hi Ben

The set was no where near as good as the previous Edinburgh show this year, I think I used the term excellent in a previous post, but on reflection I would say I was being over enthusiastic and still on a festie high. It was still very good though and one of my festival highlights.

The set list traversed the line between festival set and fan stuff pretty well, when I look at the song titles it looks like a set list full of sing along songs but the song choice may have been better for a few changes, perfect lovesong instead of bad ambassador. Come home billy bird instead of our mutual friend ect

Complete Banker

At the Indie Disco

I Like

A lady of a certain age

Our Mutual Friend

Bad Ambassador

National Express

Everybody Knows

Becoming More Like Alfie

My Lovely Horse

Songs of Love

Tonight We Fly