Guest ljsawyer

To add to the list of:

Emily Loizeau

Megafaun

AA Bondy

Papercuts

We now have:

The Fresh & Onlys

pulling out. Which is pretty frustrating as they're another band I was really looking forward to. The amount of bands is also now considerably less than last year I believe, so surely they'll need to book a couple more to fill in the slots of those that have pulled out (like T Model Ford's last minute booking last year). I hope so anyway!

It seems a tad cheeky just to revise an existing list rather than let people who may not use the forum of any new cancellations - and to cite unforeseen circumstances five/six weeks in advance might be ok for a couple of acts but that list is building... what a shame

Aw bollocks! I was looking forward to Ladyhawk as well.

Agreed here, definitely need to fill a few gaps with these cancellations. They managed it last minute year, dragging Euros Childs and Josh Pearson as replacements for The Mummers and someone else (I forget who). Reckon they can pull something out the bag. Please!

The Mummers cancelled a couple of days before, I think, and it turned out their main writer had committed suicide: http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/4635991.Brighton_musician_found_hanged/

The Horrors pulled out on the day claiming illness, which as Tom White pointed out hadn't stopped them playing Bestival a day earlier. Beth Jeans Houghton, who'd played the Local the day before, filled in and Efterklang moved up to become de facto headliners.

Ladyhawk as well? Jeez... At least I wasn't planning on seeing them, but that leaves us with a mere 6 bands in the Big Top on Saturday, so surely they'll have to make another announcement with more bands. Alternatively, they could move Meursault and Allo Darlin' to one of the other days, or announce that Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan rumour that has been floating around for the Saturday instead of the Thursday.

I swear EOTR is just incredibly unlucky with these cancellations... I don't know any other festival that has this many!

Edited by ljsawyer

I think Campbell & Lanegan are already booked somewhere else (maybe the Barbican) I would say there are lots and lots of wonderful bands who would love to play at EOTR, but a possibility is the Wave Pictures who are booked for Bestival on 10th (they played 2 yrs ago at EOTR) I personally would appreciate some more English bands to the line up.

PS Allo Darlin Doing a second set would be great, as well as the thursday!

Edited by perfectpassion

I think Campbell & Lanegan are already booked somewhere else (maybe the Barbican) I would say there are lots and lots of wonderful bands who would love to play at EOTR, but a possibility is the Wave Pictures who are booked for Bestival on 10th (they played 2 yrs ago at EOTR) I personally would appreciate some more English bands to the line up.

PS Allo Darlin Doing a second set would be great, as well as the thursday!

Could we have Withered Hand instead please, or Sleeping States, both from the wonderful Bella Union label B)

:unsure: Actually I think Withered Hand may not be on Bella Union, I was getting my Bella Union gig confused with my EOTR one at the Union Chapel...doh

Edited by perfectpassion

I'd like to see Yuck added. They were great when I saw them in London a while back. They're playing a few dates around EotR, including Bestival on the 11th.

Archie Bronson Outfit would be good too - they've been good at EotR in the past. Also playing Bestival on the 11th.

I don't really know the bands that have recently pulled out, but I'm still reeling from Megafaun's departure.

Yuck are special guests at the Modest Mouse concert in London just before EOTR. So they are probably quite likely to be added. I haven't really been able to find any of their music though, apart from what's on their myspace. They are not on spotify and there are no torrents to be found. Anyone know if they've even released an album?