Reading or Leeds?

Guest tootsmcfruits

I've been to both (Leeds 08 and Reading 09)

Leeds was better and my friends also all thought this.

Neither are particularly special. If you have good mates with you and you like the lineup you will enjoy either.

This thread been done a couple of times and the main points are:

-Leeds has late-night DJ's so there is music on all night (well until about 5 anyway)

-Reading is in the middle of the town. This is handy for getting cheap supplies, using nice toilets, picking up spare clothes in primark, gettting home easily etc but some people like being away from all that in leeds- part of the experience i guess (leeds is a 40 minute bus journey from the city).

-Leeds has fewer dickheads (although there are still massive amounts at both festivals and the ones at Leeds are actually able to do some damage, rather than being the rich pissed-up teenagers from the home counties who wish they were in skins you find at reading)

-Reading has more history.

-Reading is televised so regrettably some bands put a bit more into their performances at Reading. On the other hand this also means there are less people being annoying at Leeds by desperately trying to get themselves on t.v when you just want to watch a band.

-Leeds have bands on thursday night.

-Can get kinda difficult at times to understand what some of the people in leeds are saying.

-Normally better weather at Reading.

As a londoner who is only going for one day this year, I am going to Reading again but I prefer Leeds and would recommend it

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know that Leeds had music on Thursdays & late night entertainment. I guess they can get the license being away from residential areas.

Adding to what already has been said...

Reading & Leeds are both great festivals (until you go to Glastonbury) but Reading has a much better campsite layout.

Have fun at either!

• 2 weeks later...