Festival Price next year

Guest cejx

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They already went up £30 during the last couple of years. Would not surprise me if it was to cross the £200 mark. Mind you, it will put some people off, I should imagine. Particularly as we are going to have to pay for the excess of right wing upper class arseholes.

They already went up £30 during the last couple of years. Would not surprise me if it was to cross the £200 mark. Mind you, it will put some people off, I should imagine. Particularly as we are going to have to pay for the excess of right wing upper class arseholes.

Typical PRS - Be interesting to see how much extra cash they make from CD sales and downloads of acts who have just performed at Glastonbury (e.g. I'd put money on certain Stevie Wonder songs having reappeared in the charts)

It was £185 plus booking fee this year wasn't it?

£195 next time out is my guess.

OK - now before anyone points out the many reasons this won't happen, I already know it won't.....BUT I would LOVE to see a year when there is a slew of glasto "stalwarts" from smaller stages given a pyramid slot.

Bands that have played often over the years and done the festival proud. Also some of the new blood that put in 110 % but are put on Avalon, Acoustic, Glade, Park etc. The acts that are superb live, and that you drag your mates to see....

I’m sure we can all list loads....but from this year I’m thinking of the likes of Richard Thompson, 3 Daft Monkeys, Hobo Jones, Show of Hands, the Ozrics, Dreadzone, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, ....etc etc

Give a dozen of them the Frioday or Saturday on the Pyramid – that would put the beeb into a spin –

BUT it would also give a few of the musicans who have supported the festival a major spotlight....and maybe send a message to the “names” who expect a pyramid slot just one album in....it would also ( which is relevant in this thread) save ££tensofthousands££ by not paying big names enormofees.

Would also be a very Glastonbury thing to do - give 1/3 of your main stage prime time to some of the festival "fixtures"

Edited by beodeejay

I have far less of a problem with the PRS than I do with Melvin Benn bleating on about it. I'm willing to bet he makes a f**kload more money than most of the bands he puts on. If he's going to start whinging about how unfair it is, I'd like to see how much he rakes in. c**t.

This price rise isn't just for the bands who are performing, but for song-writers in general.

The ticket price is going to go up by £4.62 just on the back of the 2.5% VAT increase, add a general £10 increase which we seem to get most years and the song-writers percentage increase and it will easily sneak past the £200 threshold, before taking into consideration any increase to the carpark charge.

OK - now before anyone points out the many reasons this won't happen, I already know it won't.....BUT I would LOVE to see a year when there is a slew of glasto "stalwarts" from smaller stages given a pyramid slot.

Bands that have played often over the years and done the festival proud. Also some of the new blood that put in 110 % but are put on Avalon, Acoustic, Glade, Park etc. The acts that are superb live, and that you drag your mates to see....

I’m sure we can all list loads....but from this year I’m thinking of the likes of Richard Thompson, 3 Daft Monkeys, Hobo Jones, Show of Hands, the Ozrics, Dreadzone, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, ....etc etc

Give a dozen of them the Frioday or Saturday on the Pyramid – that would put the beeb into a spin – BUT it would also give a few of the musicans who have supported the festival a major spotlight....and maybe send a message to the “names” who expect a pyramid slot just one album in....

I have far less of a problem with the PRS than I do with Melvin Benn bleating on about it. I'm willing to bet he makes a f**kload more money than most of the bands he puts on. If he's going to start whinging about how unfair it is, I'd like to see how much he rakes in. c**t.

You might not like the guy and he certainly takes his pound of flesh but worth remembering that no MB could have meant no Glasto. The future was very much in doubt until he came on board.

anyway, it's just the tone of that article really got my goat. Like when the BBC reports what the CBI says as 'news'. it's not. it's a vested interest lobbying for what they want.

but, more pertinently, no musicians, no glastonbury.

Why shouldn't writers, artists etc get a decent payout for what they create? After all, without them, there would be nothing for Benn to parasite off.

is parasite a verb, or just a noun? dunno. anyway, you get my point, I hope.

I've just this minute got back from a press conference that Melvin was hosting. There was a very nice Porsche Cayenne in the car park, which retails at around £40,000+. I don't know if it's his.

Meanwhile, Live Nation (who own Festival Republic) plan to role out "cashless festivals", obviously because there's a huge demand by festival goers for them, and nothing at all to do with Live Nation wanting to know down to the penny how much each trader is taking so that they can charge them the most they possibly can for their stall pitches. Cos to extract every last penny would be, so well put by Melvin in regard to PRS, would be "blatant money-grabbing".

;)

hehehe, if there's one thing there's not a huge demand for, it's cashless festivals. Lying f**kers

I\ve been to one, once, in Poland. I'd never go to another, appaling, horrible idea.

I've just this minute got back from a press conference that Melvin was hosting. There was a very nice Porsche Cayenne in the car park, which retails at around £40,000+. I don't know if it's his.

Meanwhile, Live Nation (who own Festival Republic) plan to role out "cashless festivals", obviously because there's a huge demand by festival goers for them, and nothing at all to do with Live Nation wanting to know down to the penny how much each trader is taking so that they can charge them the most they possibly can for their stall pitches. Cos to extract every last penny would be, so well put by Melvin in regard to PRS, would be "blatant money-grabbing".

;)

I collapsed and bought home an abandoned tent from Isle of Wight festival, inside there were loads of unused drinks tickets (cost £3.50 each, now worth nothing). What a waste!

I reckon the ticket will be £200 face value at least. If inflation is 5% the next year then £200 in June 2011 = £190 now, the other £5 is the VAT increase. But it could well be more because this doesn't leave any room for the original story or expansion.