The 'I met Michael Eavis' thread

Guest garethslee

I was down in Strummerville about 1:30am on Sunday when the man himself came struggling through the crowd looking for Joe's widow. It was great to see an OAP being mobbed (in the gentlest way possible) by adoring youths. :)

I was so surprised I completely forgot to ask him to give Dragon Field back to the great unwashed next year.

Did I have my camera with me? Did I? Bah!

Edited by Saturday Boy

HAHA. Am not in the vid but me and my fella stood right next to you, to your left, as you were shooting this.

I actually went around to the left as he was leaving and caught him just as he freed himself from the

crowd.

;)

After 15 long years of looking out for the man himself I actually walked right past him in the Greenpeace field (probably after he'd just finished his Speakers Forum talk). I just thanked him for the last 15 years and said this was the best since then and Happy Anniversary.

He looked so healthy and happy. Like a tall, tanned gnome!