Java Script Error Over & Over?

Guest EasyUserName

Ok, I get that maybe my laptop is out of date re Java - but I've just been getting the error message today at work too! I have to click on the "ok" message half a dozen times each time I want to read a thread.

Any ideas on where I am now going wrong? It's a new problem to me - was fine last time I looked, a few days ago.

Are you using IE?

I always find that is usually the issue. I was getting it loads last night on the new pooter at home but installed Chrome earlier today.

I think it may be some adverts...

I get it at home sometimes and at work sometimes but not all the time - even looking at the same thread again 10mins later it doesn't happen. I wonder if it's a problem with how one or two of the adverts are programmed and that maybe it stops happening when the ad sequence changes and a different advert appears.

Does this even make any sense? :blink:

Ok, I get that maybe my laptop is out of date re Java - but I've just been getting the error message today at work too! I have to click on the "ok" message half a dozen times each time I want to read a thread.

Any ideas on where I am now going wrong? It's a new problem to me - was fine last time I looked, a few days ago.

Apologies for this problem.

There's a javascript error in the upgraded forums software, which has been reported to the software makers. I hope they fix it very soon.

People can avoid seeing the error message if they're using Firefox or Chrome - it only appears in front of users which are using Internet Explorer (and perhaps not all versions of IE).

Thanks.

Any chance that you could post a screen-shot that shows what the error message says, or type what it says? I'll at least then know if it's the same problem, or a different one.

(I can't replicate the errors on my 5 computers here).