Greenfield-Pennards routes

Guest Arkady

So what’s going on in maps such as this detailed one from last year (big file, beware):

http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/LINKS/glasto%202009%20map.jpg

I’ve heard other mentions of a route from Green Futures to Pennards, and I guessed that they didn’t mean the hole in the hedge onto the railway track near Permaculture (one of Glastonbury’s best secrets).

A

Edited by Arkady

So what’s going on in maps such as this detailed one from last year (big file, beware):

I’ve heard other mentions of a route from Green Futures to Pennards, and I guessed that they didn’t mean the hole in the hedge onto the railway track near Permaculture (one of Glastonbury’s best secrets).

A

That’s what I thought. The map shows two paths opening out there though, one from Healing, and the other from Green Futures. In all the times I’ve been (2005, 7, 8, 9) I’ve never noticed them. That said, even though I have camped in the Dragon Field every year I don’t think I’ve ever been through Pennards that way!

There IS a way into the Healing Fields from Pennards. We exited from Lunched Out Lizards and into Pennards last year just before the final wettening on Monday morning. Its there. Erm about half way up on the left if you are walking up the eastern edge of the field...even though you are heading south and it feels like going north!

You can walk from the back of the Green Futures field, by the Small World Stage, right onto the walk path Lucy mentions.

Edited by Fairies for Change

Thanks people. As I had hoped. We’re planning on moving to the southwest corner of Pennards this year, near the tipis and the entrance into the King’s Meadow. I was hoping that there were multiple ways onto the main drag from there. Also cutting through the Healing Field might be a small shortcut and a less hilly route on the way in from Gate C!

Do check out the hole in the hedge that I mentioned. If you’re headed east from the Glade along the railway track, a few metres along you will find a barely-noticeable but very deliberate gap in the hedge. It brings you out in the corner of Green Futures between the entrance to Permaculture and the stage (Small World?) with the peddle-powered sound system. It’s an absolute boon if you are trying to reach Shangri La when they institute the one-way system: you can break out there, cut through the Craft and Dragon Fields and boom! You’re in the middle of it all. Top tip.

A

As I remember the path that now goes up the side of the field along the boundary didn't used to be there it was further in so there used to be tents between the path and the way through to greenfields.

It was difficult to find the way through unless you were coming out of the greenfields.

Can't remember which year they changed the path though.... Its all a bit hazy :blink::blink:

A

Thanks people. As I had hoped. We’re planning on moving to the southwest corner of Pennards this year, near the tipis and the entrance into the King’s Meadow. I was hoping that there were multiple ways onto the main drag from there. Also cutting through the Healing Field might be a small shortcut and a less hilly route on the way in from Gate C!

Do check out the hole in the hedge that I mentioned. If you’re headed east from the Glade along the railway track, a few metres along you will find a barely-noticeable but very deliberate gap in the hedge. It brings you out in the corner of Green Futures between the entrance to Permaculture and the stage (Small World?) with the peddle-powered sound system. It’s an absolute boon if you are trying to reach Shangri La when they institute the one-way system: you can break out there, cut through the Craft and Dragon Fields and boom! You’re in the middle of it all. Top tip.

A