Taking a camping chair - Good or bad idea ?

Guest boudacier

Hi everyone

This is my first glasto, so im unsure what i should or shouldnt take, but a friend

who has been to other festivals herself has said i should take a fold up camping chair, im unsure cause

i reckon it would just be a hassel to lug around all the time, any advice would be greatful.

Gettin so excited, not long now. x

Take one and leave it at the tent, you'll be amazed at how a sit down with some back support will make you feel! Then if the worst happens weather wise, you can lug it around during the day so you can sit down, take it back to the tent in the evening and spend the night out without it!

Defo take one. God send for back at the tents. Personally I couldn't be bothered carrying around all day with me as if it's wet and cold the last thing I wanna be doing is sitting down. Dance and keep warm!

Baby-wipes, you gotta take baby wipes. There's a few comprehensive lists on here with what to take, do a search or some nice person may point you in the right direction (and I don't have the time for that right now!). Or there's a decent list on the main Glastonbury site here"What to Pack"

Some of the bits on there are a little unecessary but you can make a call on that.

UKSlim, ive seen them little stools and reckon i got more chance of falling of them, with my a**e lol but thanks. x

Thanks to the others, would only want it to sit on around tent, to much hassell to take it every where, and thanks Savy ill have look at some what to take lists on here x

One thing to think about if you're worried about how much you have to carry is that there are usually lots of places to buy them on site. They are of variable quality, and you won't get two for a tenner unless you wait until late Sunday.

Still if you're on the edge of what you can manage it's a reasonable bit of bulk and weight that you won't have to deal with.

I take an airbed too, I used to get chronic backache at festi's on the last day, even in my late teens, took an airbed to Glasto in '98 got the piss ripped out of me by my mates but it cured my problems being uncomfortable on the last day. It's more to carry from the car but having a chair and an airbed makes gives you a great boost!

I got two chairs from Tesco the other day, they were 2 for £10. We normally buy on site but thought buying them before would save a bit of cash. We are driving down so can always make two trips to the car, but we usually pack light so we could manage it all in one tiring trip!

Got my camping chairs today & plenty of wet wipes, so two more ticks off my list..Lots of places are doing 2 chairs for £10 at the moment, asda, tesco and QDs which is wear i got mine from, i got mine from QDs cause they had 5 different colours to choose from...x

I usually take a blow up chair to festivals instead of lugging a camping chair along. They don't take up much room in a rucksack & are light. Just means you have to blow it up when you get there but after tent set up & a few drinks it's all good fun :)

You'll find them on ebay for only a few pounds