What are some of the best festivals in Europe?

Guest sam32

Totally depends on your budget, your taste in music, your taste in beer, what size you prefer and how much anarchy you can take/how much sleep you need and how you want the ratio between englishmen/locals to be.

I have heard a lot about the European festivals and I do plan to be here at-lest once in my lifetime to have the beautiful experience. I have heard a lot about this from my friends at my work place as they have been here earlier. Hope to be prepared for this the next time and until then just work to build a good budget.

I'm heading to Hurricane in germany this year. The ticket price is for this festival very reasonable, the line up is quite diverse from alternative to punk to some dance acts. And it's accessible by public transport

I have heard a lot about the European festivals and I do plan to be here at-lest once in my lifetime to have the beautiful experience. I have heard a lot about this from my friends at my work place as they have been here earlier. Hope to be prepared for this the next time and until then just work to build a good budget.

I've been to:

Rock Werchter, Belgium

Pinkpop, Netherlands

Melt!, Germany

Southside, Germany

Rock im Park, Germany

Rock am Ring, Germany

Frequency, Austria

Gurten Festival, Switzerland

Greenfield, Switzerland

Open Air St.Gallen, Switzerland

Paleo Festival, Switzerland

Eurockeennes, France

Summercase, Spain

FIB, Spain

this year I'm heading to:

Pukkelpop & Primavera & Zürich Open Air

I've been to many gorgeous Festivals. Always depends on weather, line up, people you meet and your health... FIB a few years ago (like 2003) was fantastic. as well as Southside last year or Summercase, which I loved because of the line up (but definitely not the food. worst festival food ever). The Gurten Festival in Bern is really a good option if you like clean. Not too small, not too big. If you like dirt, prefer Open Air St.Gallen.

So many fessies, but never been to UK...