Leaving kids at home.

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

If we get tickets tomorrow we will be bringing our 3-year old Son with us!

It will be his 1st time and he is already excited at the thought after visiting the site last week and seeing the Pirate Ship being built!

The last 3 years he has stayed with My Mum!

we were bringing our 3 yr old son but the wife has found out she is expecting our second so has decided not to go, so its just me and my 16 year old daughter who i imagine i will see for about 5 mins a day to get some cash of me, this has left me at the mercy of and the brothers bar (oh dear)

however i expect to be next year with the whole family including baby... :P

Edited by youngatheart

I've brought my 3 youngest kids (now aged 7, 11 & 13) to Glastonbury for the last 3 years & I wouldn't consider coming without them. I probably spend a lot less time at the stages than I would without them, but see far more of the rest of the festival (especially green fields, circus area, random stuff up @ the Park etc). TBH, I can see bands any time. Glastonbury isn't really about music for me.

I've brought my 3 youngest kids (now aged 7, 11 & 13) to Glastonbury for the last 3 years & I wouldn't consider coming without them. I probably spend a lot less time at the stages than I would without them, but see far more of the rest of the festival (especially green fields, circus area, random stuff up @ the Park etc). TBH, I can see bands any time. Glastonbury isn't really about music for me.

But how did you cope in '07??? The weather puts me off more than anything. Myself and my son (13) would cope quite well, but my daughter (9) would be a complete pain in the arse with any mud or rain, which would make life quite difficult, and not very enjoyable :P

Peace x

Edited by lme

As we were leaving the campsite to go into the arena the girls wanted to shoot off on their own to the kids field. The older daughter, asked me but I was worried about the crowds. She gave me a very detailed route of how she was going to get there, pointing out that they would walk around the crowds, told me when and where to meet and for me to just relax. They were only 8 and 6 ffs and they had all the confidence of, well of me.

I've been having this dilema all year! I went to my first gladto last year an pinned for my little monkey all weekend ! Got home and he sat me down and showed me springsteen on sky plus adn said he wants to go with daddy ;-) going this year but still tossing a Coin wether to take him or not! I would love to take him, but on the other hand it's my only holiday in the year? Hmmmmmm decisions differant every week

My son first went at 3 mths. He's now 7 and my daughter will be 4 next week. They have been every year since birth. At Glastonbury alone my children have seen REM, String Cheese incident, John Fogerty, CSN, N Young, Springsteen and a thousand other acts, many of whom you don't usually get this side of the pond.

WHY... would you think to not bring your children.

I have been to GB since 86 (only missed 2 years) and never thought for one moment not to take any future children. You OWE this opportunity to your children. I have been lucky enough to have stood in that hallowed field at Woodstock. The only problem was I was about 35 when i did it. how much sweeter to have done that when I was 2 in 1969!

You know it's the right thing to do. Our children are the future of rock.

(Not, I hasten to add, pop... which we all know is manufactured garbage.)

(Oh, and Mr Eavis - PLEASE get S and G, Kate Bush and Cat Stevens on main stage... and a reformed Sleater Kinney!)