Video Cameras at Glasto

Guest Craig_G

I'm thinking about getting a second hand video camera to take along this year, probably second hand. Has anyone taken one before and have any recommendations, tips or festival films online? :P

Craig,

It all depends what kind of footage you want to be honest.

I only ever take a regular compact camera to film my video although I make sure it is one that does give a good sound an picture quality.

A video camera is bigger and obviously bulkier than a slim compact camera and I am not a big fan of filming at long zooms at Glasto as you need to have an arm steadier than Iron Man to avoid severe camera shake.

Getting a good quality camera that will let you record HD footage is the best option in my mind as it is alot more compact and you can take great photos too.

Having said that tho, I have only ever taken 640x480 video and am pleased with the memories I have captured coupled with the convinece of having something to shoot video on that can just go in my pocket.

A camcorder does have advantages but even if I had one to take - I think I would prefer the compact camera option although if you do that - choose wisely as I have recently tested a few new ones and there are a fair few out there that produce pretty dire video.

You can click my signature below to see a festival film that I made with a 3 year old regular compact digital camera.

Edited by Mr Ploppy

Craig,

It all depends what kind of footage you want to be honest.

I only ever take a regular compact camera to film my video although I make sure it is one that does give a good sound an picture quality.

A video camera is bigger and obviously bulkier than a slim compact camera and I am not a big fan of filming at long zooms at Glasto as you need to have an arm steadier than Iron Man to avoid severe camera shake.

Getting a good quality camera that will let you record HD footage is the best option in my mind as it is alot more compact and you can take great photos too.

Having said that tho, I have only ever taken 640x480 video and am pleased with the memories I have captured coupled with the convinece of having something to shoot video on that can just go in my pocket.

A camcorder does have advantages but even if I had one to take - I think I would prefer the compact camera option although if you do that - choose wisely as I have recently tested a few new ones and there are a fair few out there that produce pretty dire video.

You can click my signature below to see a festival film that I made with a 3 year old regular compact digital camera.