Walking or taxi?

Guest kly

Hello! We are going to be going down by train this year (we've always gone by car before), leaving on the Tuesday and staying the night in a B & B.

Now the problem I have is we now need to figure out how to get to the festival on Wednesday morning with no car! The B & B is in Ditcheat. Does anyone who knows the area know if this is a walkable journey or is this wildly optimistic? Or is a taxi/hitching a better option?

Also could someone please let us know where the drop off points for taxis are in relation to the pedestrian gates.

Man, I have taken car driving friends for granted! This is a reet pain in the bum compared to just rolling out of bed and into a passenger seat of someone else's car. :P

Thanks for any answers to the many questions! :P

I don't know what your walking tolerance is...

It's nearly 4 miles from Ditcheat to pedestrian gate C, following the "unofficial cycle route" on GlastoEarth. 2 hours walk, if you're fit?

1.5 miles into that route, you cross the Blue Route for cars (A37), so you could consider hitching from there. Maybe if you flutter your eyelashes, the B&B peeps would run you over to that road?

Or, it's just over 2 miles in the other direction, to Castle Cary station, where you could get on a shuttle bus.

I don't know what your walking tolerance is...

It's nearly 4 miles from Ditcheat to pedestrian gate C, following the "unofficial cycle route" on GlastoEarth. 2 hours walk, if you're fit?

1.5 miles into that route, you cross the Blue Route for cars (A37), so you could consider hitching from there. Maybe if you flutter your eyelashes, the B&B peeps would run you over to that road?

Or, it's just over 2 miles in the other direction, to Castle Cary station, where you could get on a shuttle bus.

Pre book obviously BUT do take into account there may well be other festival folk staying at the B&B you could possibly cadge a lift with :P After last years debacle, it certainly sounds as if there will be hundreds of folk in B&B's locally. You may get lucky.

Pre book obviously BUT do take into account there may well be other festival folk staying at the B&B you could possibly cadge a lift with :P After last years debacle, it certainly sounds as if there will be hundreds of folk in B&B's locally. You may get lucky.

i'll be staying in a local B&B i'm going to get a taxi around 6am and get dropped as close to gate B as possible

Thanks for all the replies, it's been really helpful - we didn't realise that a taxi will only get us as far as Bath & West and I'm guessing it's a fair old walk from there. Ped Gate A is the furthest away from where we camp too! :P So would the driver refuse to take us in Ped Gate Cs direction, or are all the cars coming in the same way, if you know what I mean (you can tell I don't drive can't you).

If there any other B&B stayers (we could get a taxi to them) going down there early doors on Wednesday that have space for 2 non-driving peeps we would be very, very grateful and would obviously chip in ££s for petrol and whatnot. Ooh, we could also provide a car park sticker (ever the optimists on ticket day :P ).

Thanks for all the replies, it's been really helpful - we didn't realise that a taxi will only get us as far as Bath & West and I'm guessing it's a fair old walk from there. Ped Gate A is the furthest away from where we camp too! :P So would the driver refuse to take us in Ped Gate Cs direction, or are all the cars coming in the same way, if you know what I mean (you can tell I don't drive can't you).

The taxi should be able to drop you near PGA (near the taxi drop-off point on the latest Fineguide map).

You won't be able to get near PGC by taxi (even the east carparks are a far old walk to PGC). The route is into the carparks, it is protected by security and stewards, they will check tickets of all passengers and require parking pass to be bought to get into carparks. There's no way to get a taxi in/out.