40th Anniversary Line Up?

Guest muffin

Firstly i'd like to say i really don't care who plays Glastonbury. There's fun to be had at every second of everyday all over the site. I'd go if i didn't like a single band (which would be impossible).

But i would like to start a discussion regarding the promised "something extra special for the 40th anniversary". I mean to me at least it looks like a usual line up? Which, as i say, is fine.

But what happened to having a headliner from every year on the pyramid? So many bands wanting to play that big names would have to headline smaller stages?

Did this just all go out of the window?

Just putting in out there is all. Not whinging. (Maybe a tiny bit) :P

I kind of know what you mean but don't forget they nearly had the Stones.

U2, The Stones and Stevie Wonder are pretty epic headliners even if they're not to your tastes. Shame they are greedy money grabbing bastards.

Add in the potential of the big acts opening each day and it is suddenly a pretty special lineup.

I'm more than happy :P

I know what you mean, but that's part of the beauty of it isn't it? Stumbling over seeing something you never thought was going to happen.

I understand people will say "oh but it's so annoying when you find out afterwards", yeah, maybe, but then I've never been able to be annoyed about something that I didn't know was going to happen.

Toots - Pressure Drop

Firstly i'd like to say i really don't care who plays Glastonbury. There's fun to be had at every second of everyday all over the site. I'd go if i didn't like a single band (which would be impossible).

But i would like to start a discussion regarding the promised "something extra special for the 40th anniversary". I mean to me at least it looks like a usual line up? Which, as i say, is fine.

But what happened to having a headliner from every year on the pyramid? So many bands wanting to play that big names would have to headline smaller stages?

I'm hoping those TBC's/special guests might be more reflective of 40 years too, a few aces up their sleaves.

Would be good to have someone with some history open things on the Pyramid on friday e.g. Plant (& friends?).

Edited by ethereal

I think the following (amongst others) are all playing on the back of great sets at previous Glastos, which is what I thought the plan was. Obviously there are also a couple of big acts who havent played before in U2 & Stevie, plus some good up&coming bands, but I think on balance it is as good as could have been hoped for. Plus expecting the stage-openers to be all big names from the festivals past.

Dizzie Rascal

Willie Nelson

Flaming Lips

Groove Armada

Fatboy Slim

Lighting Seeds

Scissor Sisters

Muse

Reef

Pet Shop Boys

Parliament

Ray Davies

Faithless

Orbital

Ash