Family Camping Area

Guest Risteardo

Hi,

This will be our third EOTR with our daughter who will be just about 3.5 years old in Sept. On our two previous excursions we stayed in a camper van, figuring it'd be easier and safer for our daughter. But we're really going crazy this year and are considering camping in the family camping area instead.

Does anyone have any thoughts/impressions on the family camping area? Is it quieter, closer and easier etc, or is there really no major differences between family and general camping areas? Any opinions gratefully received, as not only will this be our first time camping in the family area, but it will be our first time camping :P

Absolutely loving that A.A. Bondy album, can't wait to see him...

Thanks,

Richie.

I've never camped in family camping but the normal campsite is so friendly and relaxed I really can't see there being a problem.

This is no V, reading or guilfest....any noise is likely to just be giggling and people pontificating about how wonderful so-and-so was.

Or "The Best Drive-Time Anthems Of All Time" played repeatedly until security finally managed to get it stopped, as was the case last year.

But yeah, campsite hi-jinks are rare, but I can't speak for the family enclosure.

You're a braver person than me. I'm far too selfish to take my kids. I like the sauce and the late night tunes too much to make the sacrifice of looking after the little 'uns at a festival.

Or "The Best Drive-Time Anthems Of All Time" played repeatedly until security finally managed to get it stopped, as was the case last year.

But yeah, campsite hi-jinks are rare, but I can't speak for the family enclosure.

You're a braver person than me. I'm far too selfish to take my kids. I like the sauce and the late night tunes too much to make the sacrifice of looking after the little 'uns at a festival.

If you're worried about 'noise or shennanigans' I'd simply stay in the Campervan Field.

Yes, it's further away from the arena area - but, that's what makes it quieter.

Depends what you're looking for - guaranteed peace and quiet or the 'risk' (albeit low) of a kick-off in

the tented camping area.