Ten best peformances you've seen at R/L?

Guest VCK

"7. The Offspring (1999) - When they were at their peak (from my point-of-view), on top of their game and before they lost of a bit of their edge. I seem to recall Dexter Holland beating up effigies of the Backstreet Boys with a baseball bat as well..."

You remember correct, there was a stunned silence when he introduced "special guests" Backstreet Boys and they wild celebration when they were battered :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"7. The Offspring (1999) - When they were at their peak (from my point-of-view), on top of their game and before they lost of a bit of their edge. I seem to recall Dexter Holland beating up effigies of the Backstreet Boys with a baseball bat as well..."

You remember correct, there was a stunned silence when he introduced "special guests" Backstreet Boys and they wild celebration when they were battered :P

In no particular order, and its 12 because I can't decide on two to cut

Guns N Roses 2002

Shed Seven 2000

Beck 2000

Pulp 2002

Ash 2001

Foos 2000

Maximo Park 2006

System of a Down 2003

QOTSA 2000

Killers 2005

Less Than Jake 2001

Marilyn Manson 2001

Go the rose-tinted spectacles :P

3) 2002 Less Than Jake Anyone who was their will remember it at Leeds. Final song circle pit around the sound tower in the middle of the field. My girlfriend got amazing pictures of it from the hill. All I remember is crowd surfing around the ice cream van at the back of the field, and then back towards the main stage.
Edited by Gre

10. AFI (2009)

9. Funeral For A Friend (2009)

8. Rise Against (2009)

7. Madina Lake (2009)

6. Billy Talent (2009)

5. You Me At Six (2009)

4. Bullet For My Valentine (2008)

3. Metallica (2008)

2. Lostprophets (2009)

1. Rage Against The Machine (2008)

Honourable mentions to Anti-Flag and Mindless Self Indulgence (2008), plus The Prodigy, New Found Glory, Deftones and Fall Out Boy (2009). Only been going for two years. :P

In date order.

09 Leeds - Zero

08 Reading - Seasick Steve in the NME Tent

07 Leeds - NIN Amazing performance, especially as I didn't really know much about them (Also the catalyst to me seeing one of the best big gigs i've seen in over 30 years of live bands when they played the O2 last year)

06 Leeds - Primal Scream - Headlining NME

05 Leeds - Arcade Fire - 2nd or 3rd from top NME

05 Leeds - Kasabian - Headlining NME - Much more of a groove going on in those days.

04 Leeds - Zero

03 Went to V this year instead and funnily enough saw the best QOTSA festival apperance I can remember.

02 Leeds - BRMC - Headlining NME

02 Leeds - Hives - Afternoon Mainstage

01 Leeds - Rancid - Mid afternoon mainstage straight after Dropkick Murphies in a tent

00 Leeds - Utah Saints - Just for an awsome cameo apperance of soul legend Edwin Starr.

98 Reading - Prodigy - One of the bands that came in when the Phoenix Festival was cancelled and played second on the mainstage to the Beasty Boys and refused the Beasties request for them not to play Smack my bitch up!

From Reading, in no particular order:

The Music 2008 - late afternoon in the tent

Faith No More 2009 - tent headline

Dinosaur Jr 2007 - late afternoon in the tent

Weezer 1996 - third on the main stage

Foo Fighters 1995 - tent headline

BRMC 2002 - tent headline

The Music 2003 - tent headline

White Stripes 2004 - main stage headline

Kasabian 2004 - carling tent headline

TCV 2009 - afternoon in the tent

1 - Less than jake (2008) - Clashed with Rage... it was a tough desision, but im a huge less than jake fan and seeing them ment i saw them 10 times before i was 20.

2- Big D and the kids Table (2007?) - Immense. Only word for it.

3 - Aggrolites (2009) - *semen*

4 - Justice (2008?) - Actually fantastic show and crowd

5 - The prodigy (2009) - Same again. (minus the stabbing)

6 - Sonic Boom Six (2009) - Not the best show they put on, but opening my festival made me a very happy boy

7 - The dead 60s (2005) - First time i have heard of or seen these guys, instantly became a fan

8 - Bodycount - Ft Ice T (2006) - Just what it says on the tin.

9 - The streets (2006) - Just brings back happy memmorys, cant remmber how they played

10 - Chase and status (2009) - i was too f**ked to actually stand and watch them, but enjoyed lying near by in a half a coma.

.... Good memorys.... Man im hyped for it this year already :P:P:P

Edited by ska_4_life

1 - Less than jake (2008) - Clashed with Rage... it was a tough desision, but im a huge less than jake fan and seeing them ment i saw them 10 times before i was 20.

2- Big D and the kids Table (2007?) - Immense. Only word for it.

3 - Aggrolites (2009) - *semen*

4 - Justice (2008?) - Actually fantastic show and crowd

5 - The prodigy (2009) - Same again. (minus the stabbing)

6 - Sonic Boom Six (2009) - Not the best show they put on, but opening my festival made me a very happy boy

7 - The dead 60s (2005) - First time i have heard of or seen these guys, instantly became a fan

8 - Bodycount - Ft Ice T (2006) - Just what it says on the tin.

9 - The streets (2006) - Just brings back happy memmorys, cant remmber how they played

10 - Chase and status (2009) - i was too f**ked to actually stand and watch them, but enjoyed lying near by in a half a coma.

.... Good memorys.... Man im hyped for it this year already :P:P:P

Hopefully.

I just wish they'd stop booking band that attract w*nkers... just for a year or two so it stops being cool to come in and "rave" (which to them means, get pissed, start fights, burn shit and act like a cock within the crowd). Needs less Pendulum, The Prodigy, etc for at least a good couple of years. As good (or otherwise) these bands are, they do attract the very wrong crowd.

Hopefully.

I just wish they'd stop booking band that attract w*nkers... just for a year or two so it stops being cool to come in and "rave" (which to them means, get pissed, start fights, burn shit and act like a cock within the crowd). Needs less Pendulum, The Prodigy, etc for at least a good couple of years. As good (or otherwise) these bands are, they do attract the very wrong crowd.