TRC

Dead Swans

Chickenhawk

Edited by Matticus

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Blues are going downhill. I really can't see them headlining the Lock-Up now with the radio friendly pop music they are starting to produce.

I know this will probably get a lot of reaction and people will shoot me down, as they are getting pretty big at the moment. However, I used to love them a few years ago and now they have totally changed their musical style. I strongly believe they've done this for financial gain, which is fine, but they have certainly lost a fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Listen to their first album then listen to 'Headbutt' - it's totally different.

Their new music is not suitable for the Lock-up, in my opinion. They'd be more suited to the NME stage.

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

King Blues are going downhill. I really can't see them headlining the Lock-Up now with the radio friendly pop music they are starting to produce.

I know this will probably get a lot of reaction and people will shoot me down, as they are getting pretty big at the moment. However, I used to love them a few years ago and now they have totally changed their musical style. I strongly believe they've done this for financial gain, which is fine, but they have certainly lost a fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Listen to their first album then listen to 'Headbutt' - it's totally different.

Their new music is not suitable for the Lock-up, in my opinion. They'd be more suited to the NME stage.

Rancid

Sick of it All

Thrice

Against Me!

Capdown

Floggin' Molly

Swingin Uttters

Polar Bear Club

Off With Their Heads

Paint it Black

Bad Religion

Special Guests (Glassjaw)

Cancer Bats

Dillinger Escape plan

Finch

Strike Anywhere

The Bomb

Trash Talk

H20

This is Hell

Rancid

Sick of it All

Thrice

Against Me!

Capdown

Floggin' Molly

Swingin Uttters

Polar Bear Club

Off With Their Heads

Paint it Black

Bad Religion

Special Guests (Glassjaw)

Cancer Bats

Dillinger Escape plan

Finch

Strike Anywhere

The Bomb

Trash Talk

H20

This is Hell

Edited by Keva

Just had a Facebook message from the BBC Radio 1 Punk Rock Show with Mike Davies:

"The Lock Up Stage at Reading and Leeds 2010 will be announced on The Punk Rock Show with Mike Davies this coming Monday night (05/24)..."

Now we know a new confirmed date, let the anticipation, excitement and final hopes/wishes/guesses begin... :P

I'm gonna be pissed if NOFX do headline. I saw em in cardiff last year and they were absolutely appalling, they couldn't even play their instruments properly and kept getting their powerchords wrong. 20 years and they can't even play their own simple songs, unbelievable.

Edited by clartmaster

I'm gonna be pissed if NOFX do headline. I saw em in cardiff last year and they were absolutely appalling, they couldn't even play their instruments properly and kept getting their powerchords wrong. 20 years and they can't even play their own simple songs, unbelievable.

Dan Regan of Reel Big Fish has tweeted that he hasn't heard anything about R&L and doesnt think they'll be doing it, thought I'd stick that on here rather than start a new topic! Disappointing but it does just about rule out one potential lockup headliner!