• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the headliners will be two of:

Bad Religion

Sum 41

Bowling for Soup

Dropkick Murphys

All Time Low (My new theory as of this morning is that the GNR day will be the dance tent day and the Blink day will be a lock-up due to the fact that I think GNR are the 2 hour headliners and Reading and Leeds have swapped running order this year, and usually the day with the 2 hour headliner is a dance tent day.)

I can see the obvious logic in the double slot going to NOFX but I keep thinking that it will be Gaslight Anthem, playing main stage and then headlining the lock up. I hate the idea as Gaslight Anthem are not really a 'punk band' on the level of recent headliners but FR do seem to think they are a punk band.

Gaslight played early Lock-Up in 2008 and mid-NME last year. They won't headline the Lock-Up.

I'm not sure if NOFX are too big to play in the tent?

Anyway, NOFX are playing - we just need Lagwagon and Swingin' Utters to play and we can have the Gimme Gimmes, make it happen! Chris Shiflett (Foos) won't be there but Eric Melvin can sit in for him.

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

What you reckon?

I'm gonna go:

Bad Religion

Sick of it all

The Bronx

A Day to Remember

Four Year Strong

Dwarves

RX Bandits

Big D and the kids table

Casualties

Star f**king Hipsters

Trash Talk

Nofx

Against Me!

Slackers

Hot Water Music

Capdown

Catch 22

Sonic boom Six

The Flatliners

Cobra skulls

Sharks

The Skints

I reckon the headliners will be two of:

Bad Religion

Sum 41

Bowling for Soup

Dropkick Murphys

All Time Low (My new theory as of this morning is that the GNR day will be the dance tent day and the Blink day will be a lock-up due to the fact that I think GNR are the 2 hour headliners and Reading and Leeds have swapped running order this year, and usually the day with the 2 hour headliner is a dance tent day.)

I'm dreaming of Rancid & Bloodhound Gang headlining and with Tim & Travis there a possible Transplants reunion to make up for the pull out a few years ago, long shot. I'm also hoping for T.A.T., Shitty Limits, Against Me!, Flobots, Mouthwash, Millencon, f**ked Up, Get Up Kids, Skindred, Clutch, Dead Pets, Living End, Guttermouth, Matches, Sonic Boom 6, Vile Imbeciles, Aggrolites and Streetlight Manifesto (I know no chance for the last two)

I'd say Skints opening and NoFX double set so they headline, and I'm certain Capdown and Big D & The Kids Table will be playing too.

Thrice are pretty certain to play I reckon, was at a gig a few months back and they said they were working on coming back to play the festivals (to which the crowd chanted LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!)...

They played low on the mainstage in 04 and 3rd lockup in 08 - wouldn't mind either of those spots for them.

Not any more. He left to concentrate on the Foos.

When i saw Gimme Gimmes last year they had Eric Melvin covering for Fat Mike on bass and Chris's brother covering for Chris.

I could easily see Melvin covering for Chris on guitar this time round and then just hope Swingin' Utters play then it may just happen!

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

Bit of a long shot but I wonder with Sonisphere announcements, tour dates etc, could Fightstar get top spot on the Lock Up one day? They're heavy enough and now have quite a good following after their last album and were immense on the main stage last year, if not a bit low down on the day too. If they're there on Friday, def them over Axl Rose and his fakers

Lagwagon would be great! where do people think them/NUFANwould play? Lagwagon 2nd or 3rd? NUFAN 3d/4th?

Bit of a long shot but I wonder with Sonisphere announcements, tour dates etc, could Fightstar get top spot on the Lock Up one day? They're heavy enough and now have quite a good following after their last album and were immense on the main stage last year, if not a bit low down on the day too. If they're there on Friday, def them over Axl Rose and his fakers

Edited by ap3311