Hints and tips

Guest LEDZEP66

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get back to your tent before its light make sure you take your wallet out of your pockets and put it in the bottom of your sleeping bag. Why you may ask, well a couple of years ago some tosser cut through my tent (both sides) and pulled my clothes outside looking for cash and cards.

Do -

Bring Fleecey Top and Wooly Hat, it does get cold in the evening.

Make at least one campfire, keeps you warm, and is great for meeting new people who happen to wander past. Make sure it's safe to do, and you clear up after.

Bring an extra mallet. I'm surprised how many people forget one altogether, it's the festie equivelant of dishing out a fag. Can get you a can of beer.

Put Cylumes on your tent before you leave in the evening, easier to find your tent when wasted.

Bring Bin liners. Great for keeping clean clothes dry.

Bring a fishing umbrella. A godsend for me in rainy years. Argos do fishing umbrellas that can fit 2 people sat in folding chairs comfortably, plus it comes with guy ropes.

Don't-

Plan it like the invasion of Europe. Choose 2 or 3 bands a day and just let the rest fall into place. The place is too big to be bombing around with your Guardian Guide.

Be impatient. These people cause crushes, and can ruin a good time.

Try a drug you've never done before. In fact don't do drugs, you waste hours.

Don't get too pissed, the hangover isn't worth it. Everyone is loving it and you'll be in a world of pain.

Use a foldable trolley, suitcase on wheels to transport gear. It will fall apart.

Wet yourself, people will notice, and you'll be a social pariah for the rest of the evening.

:P:P